Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M$ Exchange Server - Junk Email

Options
  • 20-10-2003 12:09pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭

In Exchange you can block emails FROM certain addresses / Senders.

Can you block incoming Email TO certain addresses ? Lots of leavers had signed up mailing lists that others here would still need to see - and lots of the muppets can't even spell their own name judging by the addresses that come in...

The nearest I can come up with is set up a Dummy mail box, that deletes all incoming mail and add all the leavers and misspelings as aliases to it and set up an auto reply that says something more polite than
    "the email address no longer exists, all mails sent to it have been trashed and repeated attempts to send to it will only get you on our black list - I don't care if this won't be read by a human - your problem - PS. have a nice day"

I'd rather delete the emails before downloading them to save bandwidth and space..

PS. Also have Antigen (without the spam option) - but AFAIAA it trashes emails AFTER downloading.

Advertisement