Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

DIY paint job?

Options
  • 20-10-2003 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭

the paint on the roof and bonnet of my car (mk 1 peugeot 106 - black) has been flaking off for the last couple of years - I think a previous owner may have had a botched respray done (though I've never found any evidence that it was ever crashed...)

anyway - its starting to look really tatty. The car is only worth a grand max, so I'm not going to spring for a proper respray. Does anyone know of a cheap way of making it look better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Saw an excellent graffetti'd car the other day...looked well. Put 20 tins of spray paint on the roof and tape up all the windows. Put a big sign on the windscreen that says Tag Me. Leave overnight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

come back in the morning, purchase 4 new wheels and remove bricks from under axles. Repair smashed windows & browse through argos catalog for new stereo. Find 20 cans of spray paint some time later under a bush in your front garden. Wonder where the cats gone all day and about 11pm find her in the back garden looking rather bewildered but with a spiffing new paint job. :D

Advertisement