Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switzerland makes a stand

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Yes, my family left the northside of Dublin in 1986 and immigrated to Europe.

They were seeking assylum?
    ps: we joined the EEC in 71.

You know what I mean when I said Europe, don't be pedantic.

And no, we weren't seeking "asylum" (pedantry is your specialty, it would seem). But I do come from an immigrant family and I have been called a burden, a sponger and everything else by the usual unsavoury types over here, despite my family being hard workers and paying full taxes. So as an immigrant myself, I don't appreciate the whole "evil evil immigrants filling up our hospitals" line.

Perhaps if native Irish people made more of an effort towards new immigrants then they might be able to take their place in society. In Holland they ignored their Turkish and Morroccan immigrants and didn't do anything for them for 30 years and now they complain thay they "don't integrate enough".

But then again, Ireland is very good at not looking at the lessons that were learned on the continent 30 years ago. Just look at the Irish transport plans... roads roads and more roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Just look at the Irish transport plans... roads roads and more roads.

half truths ....

Advertisement