Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you lost faith in Houiller and who should be the next boss?

• 20-10-2003 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭

Have you lost faith in Houllier?

I know i have and i would like to see the ex-Real Madrid boss to take over.

What do you think?

(****Meant to be a poll as well with 2 options yes and no.Could someone edit so the poll appears please****).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Not bloody Martin O' Neill anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Why the old Real manager? He had to do nothing and from what I know, had no experience as a manager before Real. The Real job is not exaclty difficult, considering the team they have like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Their performance on Saturday was totally inept anyway - at least Gerrard admitted they weren't good enough, whereas Houllier started the usual guff about fixture congestion and injuries etc. etc.

They were outclassed in every single department, by Portsmouth of all teams, and Houllier still thinks they can win the league. Delusional :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

saturday was the poorest performance I've seen in quite a while. Saw it live which was so painful, and the highlights shows just didn't give any sense of how completely and utterly crap they were. I hasn't been working for years now, he has to go, all those 'chonces', they ain't goals, no goals, no win, no prizes. At this mo, I even think Thompson would do better, at least until someone else is acquired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Well Houllier thinks he can still win the title this season.

article

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

following some deep thought on the matter perhaps thomspon would be a better choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I have been avoiding he GH out debate but last Saturday was the last straw. To see a player who I never wanted to go score against us, and to see the relief and delight in his face was the straw that broke my back.

I don't think Thompson should get the job as it'll be more of the same and he wasn't great last time. I'd like to see them poach David Moyes, and I certainly wouldn't like to see Hector Cuper- out of the frying pan and into the fire..

We have a team good enough to win the Premiership but GH isn't getting the best out of them; could be bad tactics, pressure to succeed, I'm not quite sure but a new face would surely liven things up.

thegills

Get your arses out to Lansdowne Rd. this Sunday and support the eircom League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Koeman, Keegan or Strachan would all do for me, but I can't help but feeling that all this talk of Houllier going is rather premature. I think he'll be there until at least January, and wouldn't be surprised if he has a trick or two up his sleave. I haven't totally lost faith in him yet, but a few more displays like Saturday's would tip me over the edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

I would love for martin o neil to take over !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭pebble

Liverpool should try to play some of the players they purchase in the poitions they are good at, not the approach of the management which is to shove them into an unfamiliar role.

after all, you dont buy a dishwasher to cook your chicken, do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

maybe the return of Souness would put a bit of bite back in liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

david moyes got a better chance of managing jesus christ superstars XI than the RS........!

you dont need to know which team i support, but you only need to look at the table and see how far ahead the top teams are.......so Everton have been ****e for most of the season, we are only waiting for rooney to knock in the goals.

i dont give a toss about the RS or who they get as manager or whatnot....... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

*sigh* This again! :(

While its clear enough Houllier won't go this side of Xmas he does have to go, the players are good enough but the manager is'nt, I say this as a fan who has been pretty patient esp as the team were starting to play some better attack minded footie.

Alas this is not enough.

We have big injury problems yes, but that is not whay we lost 3 PL games on the bounce. Take the Portsmouth game, Le Tallec got his first senior start midweek and scored his first goal. Brilliant, and what does Houllier do come Saturday? Starts Le Tallec on the bench!! Why? He should be, and proberly was, raring to go but no Houlliers conservative instincts got the better of him again. Its only a small example but one which sums the man up I think.

Who should get the gig? I'd like to see Gordon Strachan take charge - he has great motivational powers and being Scottish does'nt like looseing. I dont see any famous international managers rushing to apply...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

maybe the return of Souness would put a bit of bite back in liverpool.

I think when Gh goes he should be replaced by an Ex Livepool player who know the tradidions of the club and expectations of the fans regarding the style of football they will play.

Souness had the chance before and did not come up to expectations , maybe his experiences since would make him a suitable choice. Keegan is anothe possibility but his teams do tend to be a bit too offensive and i dont know weather he could handle the pressure, Dalglaise is another possibility but he's been quite of late as has toshack who used to be linked to every vacant top club position in the past. I dont know who will replace GH but id has been evident to me for a long time that he was not up to the job and whoever replaces him willl have a lot of selling and buying to do before he can get the club back where they belong , winning titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I dont think you will see Souness coming back :) After his little selling his story of his operation to The Sun he didnt really think that one very well. That and the fans opinion of him has dropped somewhere below 0.

If one was after an ex Liverpool player to take over then the return of King Kenny wouldnt be bad but I couldnt see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Souness? Please say you're joking. After that bitter little **** of a man sold his soul to the S*n, after all the snide digs and quips at the club, after the Duff saga ("sell him to anyone but Liverpool") and after the disgraceful way in which he sent his side out against Liverpool in their last clash – Neil's leg-breaking tackle, Thompson punching people and shouting obsceneties at the Liverpool bench and S*ness shouting and screaming at Thommo all match, you'd welcome that turncoat back to Anfield?

He was a great player, but he's a **** of a man. There is no way on God's earth he'd even be allowed near the manager's car parking space - and if there were even a hint of this happening all of Liverpool would be up in arms. He is held in contempt by the vast majority of match-going Liverpool fans and even at the away match to Charlton there were chants going round about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Definitely no chance of Souness getting the job if it became free, maybe Sven though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭manic_monster

Sven!! Let me see go to a club with an endless supply of money or on the way up or a club on the decline about to lose their best player next summer. MMM Tough decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

To be honest the following are simply not going to happen.

Souness: Cus he burnt his bridges with Liverpool long ago.

Toshak. Not good enough.

Keegan. Admits himself he lacks tactical ability. Pure inspiration in not the answer.

as for Martin O'Neill. I just wouldn't like to see him there. I dislike his style of play and sometimes managers who have never had money screw thing up when they get it.

Possible replacements.

Kenny Dag: His record with Liverpool is great. He goes to every game and would bring back the old ways. Granted he didn't do to great a Celtic and Newcastle but I think if you weigh it up he's the best option.

Koeman. Ajax has a great tradition and style of football that would fit in well with Liverpool.

Obviously Martin O'Neill will be fav. But I think if Liverpool lose two or three of there next 5 games Houllier will have to go. Kenny will be appointed interim manager and hopwfully stay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'd give a a limb* to have Capello manage Liverpool.

*Not necessarily my limb.

Advertisement