Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Eircom money grabbing

Options
  • 20-10-2003 2:50pm

Apoligies if this issue has been posted before.

I am an Eircom i stream starter pack customer.

I have discovered if anything happens to my phoneline ie problems with the voiceline, like a tree falls on it or water in an outside junction box or other line related issues I have to call a 1550 number to report the fault.

Their support number for i stream starter is a 1550 number.
    Thats fair enough, if their line is thats to pay for trained individuals to talk to you regarding set up issues...
    But why do I have to pay 70 cent a minute to ask them to fix my phone line when I pay line rental on it.

Oh yeah I rang 1901 when I had the problem and they said they couldn't do anything about my line now if theres a physical fault with it because I have ADSL, I have to ring the 1550 number.

Complained to Eircom and got a random meaningless reply and now it's off to ComReg I go...
    This is a disgrace:mad:

mm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Agreed Man.

How much do you pay for adsl from eircom? For that sort of money you should have free tech support or at least local call rates.

How I see it problem with ADSL ring support.
    Problem with phone line call 1901.

Whats next? I have CPS to UTV. Are eircom going to tell me to call UTV the next time the phone goes dead?

Goes to show what a bunch of chancers eircom are.

Best of luck with Comreg! :horned:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by Man
    Apoligies if this issue has been posted before.

Oh yeah I rang 1901 when I had the problem and they said they couldn't do anything about my line now if theres a physical fault with it because I have ADSL, I have to ring the 1550 number.

You should check the Eircom complaints procedure in the thread named Eircom Complaints below. CC the complaints to info@comreg.ie

As the fault concerned the physical line and not the ADSL service it should have been dealt with by Biddy on 1901 .

If there were a further issue the number is 1800512128 or 1800512512 but you were not seeking assistance with ADSL because it was correctly set up and therefore did not require support other than an engineer call out to fix the line.

Demand that Eircom complaints refund all 1550 calls in full within 2 working days. Give complaints 2 working days , thast all they need.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by Muck
    As the fault concerned the physical line and not the ADSL service it should have been dealt with by Biddy on 1901 .
    If the line is a "DSL line", all faults (phone/internet) have to go through the DSL support people. 1901 won't log faults for these lines, not sure about IOL/UTV/NS faults though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    If the line is a "DSL line", all faults (phone/internet) have to go through the DSL support people. 1901 won't log faults for these lines, not sure about IOL/UTV/NS faults though.
    It's not a frigging "DSL line", it's a bog standard phone line that you're paying bog standard line rental on, that just happens to have DSL enabled. If 1909 wants to call 1550 on you behalf, tell them to be your guest, but insist on getting the name of the person you're talking to, and escalate it.

Start dragging the feckers into small claims court.

Originally posted by Ripwave
    It's not a frigging "DSL line", it's a bog standard phone line that you're paying bog standard line rental on, that just happens to have DSL enabled.
    I know that, hence the quotes.
    If 1909 wants to call 1550 on you behalf, tell them to be your guest, but insist on getting the name of the person you're talking to, and escalate it.
    They won't do that. Like I said, any line faults on a line that happens to be DSL enabled for Eircom (better?) have to go through their DSL support people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Frank_Grimes
    They won't do that. Like I said, any line faults on a line that happens to be DSL enabled for Eircom (better?) have to go through their DSL support people.
    So you agree with eircom, and insist that everyone should just do what they're told?

If 1901 can get pople to pay 75c a minute to do their job for them, they'll keep refusing to do what we all pay them €22.50 a month to do.

But hey - it's you're money.

Originally posted by Ripwave
    So you agree with eircom, and insist that everyone should just do what they're told?
    I did not say that at all. I'm just stating a fact. Please don't speak on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Regardless of who you get your DSL from, any extra cost of repairing a DSL-enabled line should be paid from the wholesale price paid to eircom.

At the end of the day, if your line needs to be repaired, a DSL tech at the end of a phone is no more useful than a custmer service guy at the end of a phone, since they're both just going to get a technician out.

Besides, I thought eircom and eircom.net were separate companies? If you had a problem with your netsource line, and you rang netsource, what would they say? "Ring eircom and report a line fault". :rolleyes:

I don't see how this is any different. Line faults are the domain of Eircom Ireland, not Eircom.net.

Advertisement