Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gamecube Price Drop

• 20-10-2003 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

I thought that the recent Gamecube price drop was supposed to drop the price to €100 in Europe? Am I wrong or are Game just being bast*rds and charging €120 for it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭savemejebus

i think that they're doing that to keep in line with the £79 price in england. It's not just game though, gamesworld, smyths and HMV and xtravision are charging the €119 too, it sucks for the people that were hoping to get the cube for €99. I'd imagine you can buy it online for €99 tho.

Also noticed that xtravision are selling the cube with the gameboy player for 149 but I saw the same pack for 119 in gamesworld in cork(could have been a mistake). gamesworld had a 2nd hand cube for €50 which looked a bargain though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Originally posted by savemejebus
    I'd imagine you can buy it online for €99 tho.

Where?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The official price is €99 for Europe and £70 sterking in the UK. There was war over the price in the UK - the whole rip off Britain thing - so Game dropped it to £69 sterling in response. Fair played to them like..

Shame the bastards are ripping us off still!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

This is really annoying. While I already have a Gamecube, its ridiculous that Ireland still ends up paying more. Plus, £79 doesn't even add up to €120 (its €114), so Ireland (unsuprisingly) ends up paying the most for a Gamecube in Europe, unless there are a few exceptions that I have not heard of.

€120 just doesn't seem as appealing as €99. I'm sure Nintendo will be missing out on many potential consumers due to this.

The best thing to do would be to go for The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker pack, which features a pretty essential game for the Gamecube as well and one of the greatest games ever (Ocarina of Time) anyway. As it retails for €150, you're basically paying for the Gamecube at the European standard and €50 for the game, so its the best alternative.

Finally, heres an article which sees complaints over the price premium in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    There was war over the price in the UK - the whole rip off Britain thing - so Game dropped it to £69 sterling in response.

That never happened. Its still £79 over at GAME UK.

Also, I have yet to find a retailer which ships Gamecubes throughout Europe. But if so, with added shipping costs it would be just as well to get it from your local convinience store. Or GAME.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by smiaras
    119 in Game on Henry St but you get either wrestlemania X8 or nightfire free with it

id rather pay 99 with no game than let those travesties into my house :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    id rather pay 99 with no game than let those travesties into my house :)

lol.. i hear that

by the by,

the gc is down to 70 dollars stateside

you'd do better importing from there

Advertisement