Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diana Murdered

Options
  • 20-10-2003 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-12842153,00.html

If this letter from Paul Burrel proves true, the implications for the entire British governmental establishment are staggering.

Forget non existant Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. News like this has the ability to bring the British monarchy to an ignominious end after hundreds of years of ascension.

Imagine if Charles knew of, sanctioned or even ordered his former wife killed, or another high ranking Royal or government official.

If allegation even has a whif of truth, Tony Blair's government could be felled, the Monarchy might be done away with or a Royal, might even get implicated in a murder charge!

Britian is the only World Power (bar Japan), which still has a Monarchy. Britian has a "CommonWealth" aka a sphere of influence, which is essentially held together by the fact that , many nations such as elements of Canada, Australia and New Zeland (to name the main States in question) have a fierce loyalty to the Queen.

Considering that Australia is split roughly 50/50 on the issue of becoming a Republic, news like this could tip the blanace in favour of the Republicans.

That aside, perhaps it is time for the UK, to drop the K, and become a Federal Republic, to do away with the infrastructure of inherited aristocracy and enunciate a Republic, where all citizens are equal in the eyes of the State and no-one has a birth right, to veneration.
    The letter is certain to fuel conspiracy theorists who refuse to accept the official version of the circumstances surrounding her death.

I have to laugh though. If the letter is true, it's hardly a theory that the woman was killed.
    It's not some left wing plot to bring the Royals into disrepute, I think the monarchy is quite capable of doing that on it's own.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

Im sorry typedef but If they all decided to kill each other for one reason or another I really couldn't care less.
    To me it has about the same level of significance as a murder in dublin, in fact much less. In my opinion they are just a waste of money.

A far as an individual being murdered, well leave it up to scotland yard.

I did see the royal spokesperson on sky this morning indicate that the letter was written by Diana. yada yada. Id be more interested to learn who the blackouted name was in the letter. M15 perhaps, the stonemasons god knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Any theory has to also explain why the guy driving the car was drunk and why none of the people who died chose to wear seat belts.

Originally posted by SkepticOne
    Any theory has to also explain why the guy driving the car was drunk and why none of the people who died chose to wear seat belts.

Oh come off it. Drunk? Above the legal limit maybe, but hardly wasted. Also, how many people have you ever seen get into a chauffered car and then put on the seatbelt? The car was so totalled, that chances are they would have died anyway. Perhaps they were fleeing someone and didn't have the time?

Don't get me wrong, this could very well just be a ploy to sell a couple of million more books, but I'd be slow to shoot this down so early.

Originally posted by utility_
    Oh come off it. Drunk? Above the legal limit maybe, but hardly wasted. Also, how many people have you ever seen get into a chauffered car and then put on the seatbelt? The car was so totalled, that chances are they would have died anyway.
    The guy who lived was wearing a seatbelt.

I don't think this story has legs. Maybe a couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Id be more interested to learn who the blackouted name was in the letter. M15 perhaps, the stonemasons god knows.

Of course babe.

What if the person who ordered Diana's exection (for all intents and purposes) was non other then Charles.

"Off with her head", or word to that effect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Strange that Mr. Burrel should wait untill his book is coming out to make this public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

"Off with her head"

at last some royal person continuing with tradition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Originally posted by Typedef
    What if the person who ordered Diana's exection (for all intents and purposes) was non other then Charles.

Wasn't there suppose to be a car that was driving in front of di's car dangerously and never traced despite an extensive search by the Paris police ?
    Sorta adds to the conspiracy theory :)

p.s. can't remember exact details as it happened 6 yrs ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 dubaim

If you went back a few years to directly before August 1997, when Diana died, the monarchy in the UK was in dire straits as a result of scandal after scandal, mostly involving the Queen’s children, though the Queen herself and her tax situation caused genuine concern amongst ordinary members of the British public.

Following her separation from Charles and subsequent divorce, Diana was certainly portrayed in the media as the embodiment of the “Royals”, in just herself. Charles was seen as distant, whereas Diana was the modern independent women, her landmines work earning significant worldwide media attention. Further, her “emotional” state was highlighted by commentators, getting her considerable sympathy support from the population, whereas the rest of them were increasingly seen as distant and out of touch . During the mid 90s, opinion polls showed affection for the Royal family, and thus the monarchy, slipping, slowly, but assuredly, in total contrast to the sympathy Diana was receiving.

It is a long shot if she was bumped off, but her dalliances, though largely not reported at the time (it would negate the “people’s princess image, somewhat) were becoming an embarrassment to the royal establishment. Perhaps finally, her involvement with a Moslem, was the final “nail in her coffin”.

If you believe the British security forces “dirty tricks” dept could get up to dirty deeds in the North, which seems to have been the case, from revelations over the last couple of years, then they could do it at home (or in a Parisien underpass).

Conversely, her death has resulted in an increase in popularity for the royals, Charles in particular receiving a lot more sympathetic media attention these days, and her sons are now getting the sort of press adulation their mother had to put up with, though there are now stricter rules in place. The press are spoon fed specific items of news/photos on those two (look also at how the media now portrays Camilla, whereas before Diana’s death, she was queen bitch of all this).

I suspect the establishment in Britain realised this was happening to their beloved “first family” and have spent the last five to six years getting the popularity of the Royals back up to a respectable level. The deaths of the Queen Mother and Margaret have been bonuses.

The British still love their monarchy, their traditions e.g honours list, island nation status, no Euro here etc. I’d be surprised if they gave up their monarchy, yet to us it looks outdated, imperialistic and undemocratic. Glad I don’t live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Typedef

If it was true and it ever came out, it would be the end of the royal family as we know it.

But wouldn't surprise me in the least. I remember they had one of those "caught on TV" shows about the royals where one of them forget the name had done something stupid, and the conversation between him Willie was something like "You just wait until I am King I will sort you out then!" (sic - a bit more angry then that) with his uncle in question just cringing. It was an intresting drop of the media type grins they give to the public.

Camilla for Diana.. wtf was is he thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Oh, for God's sake......

There is no way on earth that the Royal family or anyone else bumped Diana off. For God's sake, the woman had her own security just like anyone else in the Palace. What are we suggesting, that Security turned a blind eye because the request came from 'On High'? Or even orchestrated it? The mother of the future King?

Paul Burrell doesn't strike me as the most credible or unexcited witness. Even if he is correct and possesses such a letter, it points more to Diana's state of mind more than any concrete version of events. And Diana had a very well documented history of having a less than healthy perspective.

I'm blaming Mother Teresa, myself. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hav'nt read the article as I have a life (actually I dont but never mind...!) but even if there had been a plot why choose such a crazy high-risk method of "execution"? Much easier would have been to have her drown tragicaly while swanning about on a private beach somewhere or bang her head as she got into the shower...any number of ways in fact.

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    Much easier would have been to have her drown tragicaly while swanning about on a private beach somewhere or bang her head as she got into the shower...any number of ways in fact.
    I was thinking some freak land mine accident in Africa might be easy to arrange. Very tragic that would be.

Advertisement