Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Got an e-mail today from Microsoft Security Division.....

• 20-10-2003 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

I just got an e-mail today from Microsoft Security Division with an Attachment (Install.exe). I am a bit wary of opening it and was wondering has anyone else got a mail like that before.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Microsoft never send attachments with emails....apparently. So it's probably somethin not to be opened.
    Dregin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Its a virus :

W32/GIBE@MM OR W32SWEN@MM

Delete it, if you think you have been infected, make sure to check out any decent anti-virus site for removal instructions/tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Thanks I had a feeling it was something fishy.

it was in my eircom webmail so I didn't open the attachment.
    So i should be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

yip, one of the main resons why I dont use client apps for mail is because of bloody viruses

twould be nice of eircom webmail had a spam filter like on yahoomail :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭ClonmelMan

Hey I was getting about 15 of them daily until I found a worm on my system.

Try this free online virus scanner. and setup a message rule in Outlook express and send these to a new folder, that way you can check that they are these mails and if so batch delete them. Most of them will have update or something like that in the subject.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

dont be so stupid...its a filthy virus OBVIOUSLY

Advertisement