Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would u like to see managing Liverpool

• 20-10-2003 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

HMMM I think O Neill or possibly John Toshack

Who would u like to see managing the pool 37 votes

Gerard Houllier
    0% 0 votes
    Phil Thompsom
    21% 8 votes
    Matin O Neill
    8% 3 votes
    John Toshack
    16% 6 votes
    Alex Mcleish
    5% 2 votes
    John Aldridge
    8% 3 votes
    Alan Curbishly
    13% 5 votes
    Gordan Strachen
    5% 2 votes
    Claudio Ranieri
    8% 3 votes
    Hector Cuper
    13% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Houllier, without a doubt! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm rapidly loosing patience - O'Neill would be my first choice and my second choice Kevin Keegan isn't on the list.

Alas for the moment GH is going to be the manager. At the start of the season 4th is what I was hoping for and I still see that as achievable. The league was never really an option and that is looking more and more painfully obvious. The top 3 are breaking away fast which is a sad sight.

O'Neill is a lot of people's favourite - but he is definitely going nowhere while Celtic remain in the Champions League. I'm worried though if pool don't qualify for next seasons tournament then O'Neill will not be even slightly interested.

Keegan is a sentimental fool, but besides that I actually rate him highly as a manager. My patience isn't completely gone yet though.....

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    Houllier, without a doubt! :p
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I voted for the firey Scottish fella - the short red haired one!

Actually I rate Hector Cupor as he's no-nonsence but I doubt we'd get him somehow.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

David O Leary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Roddy Collins;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I'll vote O'Neill, but what about del Bosque? I'm sure he would have spent the £115,000,000 a litte better then Houllier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If Liverpool get who they deserve, it'll be... Mick McCarthy.
    I've Liverpool get who they SHOULD, it'll be... Joe Kinnear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I seriously reckon John Aldridge would be a great Liverpool manager!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Phil Thompsom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭marrakesh

Anyone but Gerard Houllier and a new board room who can make ruthless decisions to dump anyone who doesnt perform.

Id like to see Alex Ferguson there but i dont think thats a viable option otherwise Del Bosque or Cuper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

I went for Houllier but thats because I dont like the pool and Im happy to see them not competing for the title. With Martin O Neill, or Cuper, or a decent manager then there is the possibility that they would. So I say, Long Live Houllier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I went for Houllier but thats because I dont like the pool and Im happy to see them not competing for the title.

You and 6 others:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by The Muppet
    You and 6 others:D

To quote Dr Cox. and to the toll of Big Ben.

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong,
    Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong,
    Wronnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg
    Wronnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

who the f*uck said curbishly. no european experience or even top 4 experience. O Neill all the way!!

Bit premature though i cant see houllier getin the sacxk for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    To quote Dr Cox. and to the toll of Big Ben.

Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong,
    Wrong Wrong Wrong Wrong,
    Wronnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg
    Wronnnnnnnnnnnnnggggg

Its "You're Wooooonnng"

now, go sing it yourself while i get a few hundred people to vote for John Aldridge (Sponsored by carlsberg)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Its "You're Wooooonnng"

It's

"You're Wronnnnnggggggggg"
    "You're Wronnnnnggggggggg"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Martins not goin' nowhere. Ye hear. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

God do these threads on GH's future ever stop. He has stated that he won't leave and while he's there I will give him my full support.

What I really want to see is a fully fit squad so GH can pick the team he wants. He has alot of difficulties in that the past two years he has had injuries which have forced him into shuffling the team around.

Last year saw the boring 'hit them on the break' tactic being employed but that was more to do with the fact that he was missing players that were usually in the starting 11. The year Liverpool won the plastic treble and got their best ever Premiership position (just covering myself for those who want to flame me) saw Liverpool playing good football with an almost fully fit squad.

This year has so far being plagued with injuries as well especially to key players like Didi Hamman, Michael Owen, Danny Murphy, Chris Kirkland, Milan Baros and Jamie Carragher. Now if ye remember all of these players were part of the starting 11 at Liverpool last season. And most of them would be again this year. On top of that there are a number of replacement players injured this season also.

Some have argued that Le Tallac should have played last week against Pompey after his display on Wednesday in UEFA Cup. But as GH said the UEFA game was his second in four days and the game at the weekend would have been 3 games in one week for the youngster. So thats why he wasn't played. I only have one flaw with GH selection at Pompey and that is not starting Pongolle up front with Heskey. Kewell should have been left on the wing as usual. The selection he chose forced him to play Biscan as holding midfielder and stick Henchoz back in. I suspect that if we had played to out and out strikers that we might have got a draw at the weekend (didn't deserve the win).

So for now I will refrain from blasting GH as ye seem to be doing a fairly good job of it 24-7. I will support him and hold back judgement until I see him with a fully fit squad to choose from.

As for the poll I voted Gerard Houllier :)

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭marct

Talk of Martin O' Neill as manager is ignoring the facts of the matter. He plays 5-3-2 and has done in every job he has been in. Remember what happened when we tried that before? Can anyone name a top European side that has played that formation and won anything?? Thought not...back to the drawing board. If it did come down to it I'd like to see Toshack take the reins..

• Advertisement
Advertisement