Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crashing

Options
  • 16-08-1999 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question , does any know how to fix a bug where glqwcl keeps crashing when you alt tab?

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

1- Make sure your desktop size is at least 800x600 or 1024x.... You need to be able to alt-tab into the same or greater graphix desktop.

2- Get a decent video card smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Thanks ill try that later.

lol whats wrong with me v2 smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Funny you should mention decent video card. My old PC with an original 3dFX card had no problems alt-tabing and now the new Pc with Voodoo3 crashes out of Quake when I alt-tab. I don't know why.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Yep Muso have the same problem here. It seems that you cannot Alt-Tab with that Voodoo3 sad.gif

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yeah Gandlaf is right, the current drivers for V3 cards do not allow you to alt-tab from gl games which is god damned annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

That thing about the windows Res doesn't work, you need more RAM! well POX is the only guy who got his working by upgrading from 64 to 128 RAM at least this was with a TNT card like my own, I've 64 RAM and I can't alt tab or restart quake more than 2 or 3 times without having to reboot. Sometimes I get stuck in a windows res of 640x and get an error "glqw already running on this system" even tho it's not and I can't run it anymore without rebooting. If I try to correct the windows res in settings back to 1024 it ****s up my colorific settings and I've to re calibrate my monitor, such a hard life.

Blade

yah then some little ******* steals your name.
    You got it hard Blade smile.gif

Is that timber or has blade turned into a bot? cheeky.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

i've a tnt with 256mb ram and it will still crash. i used to simply change the win colour mode from 16bit to 256 colors, but **** thats for software :/
    handy to know tho

Ah kunt, it still crashing when i change the res sad.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

I've 160megs RAM with my v3 and
    it still crashes a bit when alt+tabbing from
    Quake.
    :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭EgoManiac

Perhaps I will share my wisdom with you, and see how it affects your little lives.

Try issuing a "VID_MODE 0" command before quitting or ALT-TABbing for those crashing in software Quake, or for GL Quake perhaps a desktop change from 16 bit to 32 bit or vice versa beforehand might do it.

GET... OFF... MY... LEG %)

[This message has been edited by EgoManiac (edited 17-08-99).]

Advertisement