Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Idea

Options
  • 20-10-2003 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    Just wondering if this is possable or possably pointless, when searching for a thread would it be possable to get the number of pages in the thread next to the thread title to come up with the search result?
    Just a thought :)

Rob
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you are worried about ending up with the word "xxxxxxx" showing up until page twelve (or 53 ...) of a thread, there is an option in the Search Window to search for the individual posts as opposed to threads.

The searched words are also highlighted in yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Originally posted by Victor
    If you are worried about ending up with the word "xxxxxxx" showing up until page twelve (or 53 ...) of a thread, there is an option in the Search Window to search for the individual posts as opposed to threads.

The searched words are also highlighted in yellow.

Ah no not at all :) the idea just popped into my mind when i was looking for posts i posted in and one or two of them are pretty long so jumping to the end to see what's new instead of loading up the first page, i thought would be handy.
    It's not that important, just my lazyness taking over again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you are subscribed to a thread, in your User CP the arrows (circled on pic) will:

Down arrow: take you to first post since you last logged in
    Right arrow: take you to last post

Not sure how this works if you stay permanently logged in.

Advertisement