Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast??!!

• 21-10-2003 9:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Well its that time of the morning again and me hungy.

I work in Rathmines and therefore foodwise, the world is my oyster. I have a kitchen in the office, and various fooderies all around me (Maccy D's, Dunnes hot food counter among others).

So I ask you, what should I have for breakfast?

And what are your favoutire breakfasts at home or in work??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

Cyanide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Personally, I don't eat much breakfast, so when I do, it has to be light, otherwise my stomach will complain.

So a small blueberry muffin, a yogurt/muller rice or something, and a cup of coffee always go down well with me, first thing in the morning.

Cold mornings like today though, you want some fried eggs, hash browns, toast and coffee, mmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Littletinyman
    Cyanide
    Just fuck off and die already.

OT: If you have time for a breakfast and you don't treat yourself to rashers, sausages, eggs, tomato etc. then you're doing yourself a disservice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Just **** off and die already.

I think that's broadly what he was suggesting, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Shreddies. They really do keep hunger locked up till lunch

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

try a breakfast roll with 3 jumbo sausages, 4 rashers, 2 white and 2 black pudding 3 hash browns, 2 eggs and red sauce ohh and a portion of spicy wedges

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

during the week I make myself (got an espresso machine at home) a latte with 4 shots of the strongest Lavabassa esspresso you can get (the jet black one) and then I get myslef a grande latte with an extra shot on the way to work, which is just the right temp after the 10mins walk.

that usually keeps me going till lunch, but I sometimes have a bacon sarnie if i get the time.

that said I'm starvin now.

might nip out for something now.

hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i cant eat brekkie... generally if i do ill see it in reverse a few mins later. [huey+raplh]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

not a breakfast person myself, but if im ever really hungry in the morning at work i usually pop down and grab a cheese&ham toastie which usually suffices me till lunch :)

or just plain cheese if i cant be bothered with ham!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Shinji
    I think that's broadly what he was suggesting, yes.
    Thanks for clearing that up Shinji.

I just had a big breakfast in the greasy spoon across the road. Helping my hangover no end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I cant handle breakfast either, not when I get out of bed, need to wait about an hour.... and by that stage, around 11.00, there is no point in having food. Here in England they tend to lunch at 12.00 here. If I have been up early and have food around 9.00 I quite like a bit of toast and coffee, maybe a sausage sarni if I'm up for it.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Breakfast mon-friday is something that takes 10 mins away from staying in bed. Therefore I don't. At the weekends if I've got a hangover I try to get to MacDonalds before 10:30 and get two Sausage McMuffins and an orange juice. The Sausage McMuffin is a little bomb of really greasy bad shit that tastes good and with two of them normality returns quite quickly. The orange juice is merely there to wash it down and boost Vitamin C levels.

Otherwise I'm a Crunchy Nut cornflakes man or if I'm feeling particularly creative I'll have ham and cheese toasties.

It's not that I can't cook, I just can't be arsed most of the time.

I remember the best breakfast I ever had, but that's a another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by SoundWave
    i cant eat brekkie... generally if i do ill see it in reverse a few mins later. [huey+raplh]

Wow. I thought I was the only person this happened to. Maybe its a geek thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I'm like Amp there. Sleep is more important then food. I have a coffee and a smoke.
    On weekends, I'll sometimes get a breakfast roll, or a bagel or somethin, but usually just a coffee and a smoke.

I'm not very healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

soft boiled eggs and toast cut into wee strips (soldiers) and coffee. this is for weekends only though, it takes away from my time in bed during the week.
    otherwise, i generally have 2 weetabix, a slice of toast and coffee.
    without the toast, i'm starving again by the time i get to college (which admittedly does take hour and a half, damn commuting!!)

i also used to never eat brekkie. it was only when i started uni that i was hungry in the morning. don't know why that happened though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭patch

Having gone years without eating brekkie, due to the fact I used to get payed to cook it, I now realise brekkie really is the most important meal of the day.

These days I throw a waffle in the oven before I go for my shower. Generally I'll have a few beans or a fried egg with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Kitchen is usually out of bounds that early. Time is v precious so early in the morning especially seeing I'm usually late already, so no brekkie here except the rare single Wheetabix. At work, copious coffee and a banana or bagel equivalent at some stage around 11 but will happily trundle til lunch if I miss that. As a veggie, some of you savages;-) might argue that I'm already underfed. Hmm, need snack now...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    try a breakfast roll with 3 jumbo sausages, 4 rashers, 2 white and 2 black pudding 3 hash browns, 2 eggs and red sauce ohh and a portion of spicy wedges

Yummy.. where the hell can I get a brekkie roll like that one???
    (besides making it myself that is...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

If there's any milk left in the canteen then I'll have mini weetabix and a crappy coffee, That's about all that work can offer.

At the weekend though it's a gastronomic delight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭gimme

toasted bagel with ham flavoured creamed cheese and coffee.
    NYOM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

During the week, like most people, I'm usually late by the time I get out of the shower ... so I just grab an Actimel out of the fridge as I'm running to the car!!

At about 10.30 I get myself a cup of tea & a bowl of Crunchie Nut Flakes ... I'm just not myself until I've had my cup of tea ... as I'm sure all my work mates will attest to [as well as all the poor b@stards who get in my way in traffic]!!

At the week-end [which for me is only Sunday ... 'cause I work 6 days a week], it's usually too late for breakfast ... but if I'm up early enough, give me some of that greasy fried food lovin' plz
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

I havnt got up b4 2 in the afternoon in about 2-3months..
    So usually id have tea and a smoke and head into town.
    If the mother is off i get her to make me a fry...

Really lunch but thats my brekkie/lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Tea and toast.
    Nuff said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

For me breakfast is the most important meal. I usually have coffee/tea, a bowl of fruit and fibre and 2 Croissants or a scone. Occasionally I'll have the full Irish. This does me till lunchtime when all I need is a sandwhich. Breakfast during the week is at 9:30 and I'm up since 6:50 so I'm damn hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Undoubtedly Probe in the George's Street Arcade. best fry up, lovely food, cool surroundings, and even brekkies suitable for vegans and veggies.

Miss my fries...damn hard things to get in Brussels..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by hedgetrimmer
    Undoubtedly Probe in the George's Street Arcade. best fry up, lovely food, cool surroundings, and even brekkies suitable for vegans and veggies.
    That's the really cramped place yeah? Looks like a hole, but the food is great. Not too expensive either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Our in house canteen here rocks.

2.50 for a sambo and 3.30 for a roll and you get as much as you want of everything in it!

Breakfast rolls/sandwiches have enough greasy food to suck up a months drinking!

Of course, the downside is you are playing russian roulette with food poisoning each time, as 1 or 2 of the employees have strange ideas about hygene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

I have 2 weetabix and orange juice :D

Exciting stuff :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

i have 2 slices of potato bread, butter, salt and orange juice.

at holidays/weekends ill have a soda scone or a massive bowl of weetos. nyomnyom!

i cant eat brekkie before going to school, yet i can eat a whole days worth of food at weekends/holidays......??

maybe its because its so early. does anyone else find this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

waffles and beans , bagels with cream cheese , toast , croissants with melty butter and jam , scrambled or boiled egg on toast , emmmmm thats all I usually have

Advertisement