Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakfast??!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by IgnatiusJRiley
    Shreddies. They really do keep hunger locked up till lunch
    damn right, best cereal evar!
    can't beat a proper fry up/brekkie roll ewither

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

you can beat coco pops ...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I always have something in the mornings. Usually something handy like a bowl of cornflakes and a mug of tea. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Originally posted by seamus
    That's the really cramped place yeah? Looks like a hole, but the food is great. Not too expensive either.

Yeah, it;s kinda cramped, but I think it adds to it's charm..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I remember getting a mixed grill in the probe once.

It was more grill than any man could hope to handle.

Fantastic stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Rice crispies and muesli together makes a great breakfast. I don't eat breakfast very often though, I don't get up early enough. It's a bad idea though cos I'm usually starving by 11 and college canteen food isn't appealing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

pop tarts:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Cup of coffee made on milk is usually all I have time for. Couldn't eat in the morning anyway, I'm just not hungry enough! 2 hours after I get up I'm usually ready for a breakfest roll, 2 sausages, 2 rashers 4 pudding and a fried egg thrown on top with a runny yolk:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Seeker

In the college canteen I ususally I have 2 rashers , 2 sausages , 2 black pudding , an egg sometimes a hash brown ,tea ,toast. delicious but very expensive for a college student

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭flanno

Not much of a breakfast man during the week, prefer the extra time in bed but at the weekends, mainly Saturday (after the Friday night piss up) i treat myself to the heart attack on a plate that is the breakfast omelette. It consists of the following:

Sausages (Sliced)
    Rashers (Chopped)
    Tomatoes (Sliced)
    White pudding (Sliced)

Fry all the above and meanwhile beat 3 eggs with some milk and butter. Spread out the ingredients in the pan (drain excess fat) and pour over omelette mix and cook on medium heat until base is solid. Meanwhile have a preheated grill and pop the omelette (pan and all) under the grill to brown.

(Herbs, cheese, onion, garlic, fried potatoes, mushrooms...etc are optional depending on your tastes!!!)

Bon Appetit!

;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

Originally posted by blondie83
    Cup of coffee made on milk is usually all I have time for. Couldn't eat in the morning anyway, I'm just not hungry enough! 2 hours after I get up I'm usually ready for a breakfest roll, 2 sausages, 2 rashers 4 pudding and a fried egg thrown on top with a runny yolk:p

Thats fairly intense eating for a girly girl

im not that much of a breakfast man either but if i do i might have a munchies bagel with cream cheese and salsa but if its the weekend and im frying ill have French Toast/Tomato/Egg/hash Browns/Beans/Mushrooms

nice nice nice nice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Thats fairly intense eating for a girly girl

Yeah but it means I don't have to eat until eight or nine at night, which is good if I'm stuck in college till then. It's more of a lunch than a breakfast. Mmmm I'm off to have one now!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

ah right i see good work there blondie

also whats great at breakfast time is scrambled eggs on toast with salsa all over it yummy yummy yummy in my tummy tummy tummy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Depends on when i wake up or if I finish a nightshift.

Today with hangover: 3 sausages, 1 hashbrown, runny fried egg, batch toast and cuppa tea.

Weekday no hangover: bagette with 2 sausages, ketchup and mustard.

After nightshift: leftover chicken/beef curry, bowl of fruit salad.

Mmmm, i'm gonna get me a curry tonight.

Originally posted by daveg
    For me breakfast is the most important meal. I usually have coffee/tea, a bowl of fruit and fibre and 2 Croissants or a scone. Occasionally I'll have the full Irish. This does me till lunchtime when all I need is a sandwhich. Breakfast during the week is at 9:30 and I'm up since 6:50 so I'm damn hungry.
    Thats roughly what I'd do too.
    This thread has made me Very hungry!

mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I don’t really do breakfast - normally I just have a caffelatte (a ‘latte’ to you lot). If I do, which is rare, I’ll also have a cornetto (that’s croissant to you lot) or two - preferably with some form of filling in it, such as chocolate. Nutella comes in handy given the chances of finding a cornetto with any kind of filling in Ireland are slim to none.

As an aside, I remember able to buy a cornetto and espresso in any bar in Rome for about 1,100 Lira (~60 cent) in the mid ninties... :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

I lived on breakfast when in Ireland, 2 eggs sunny side up, 2 or 3 sausages and toast with a tall OJ or Current juice which they dont have here either. Kept me going all day.
    Here in the states breakfast food is gross so I dont eat it. lunch is generally fast food, try not to eat it.
    So i am stuck with cooking dinner :(

oh how I wish to move back to Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

apple juice, two bowls of bran flakes with pleanty of sugar, a bannana or two, and if i have time toast, or if theyre fresh a croissant. id eat a fry if i had the time, but im young and lazy, and im too far away to go and buy a cooked breakfast. still my current breakfast is a healthy 1. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

If im arsed, i'd go all out.
    Get a packet of those baguettes you bake yourself, into the oven for 10 minutes. Fill two with 2 or 3 rashers, few slices of black pudding and top it with a fryed tomato.
    Big mug of tea to go with it or black coffee - depends on how I was the night before and what im at for the rest of the day :)
    Originally posted by hedgetrimmer
    Miss my fries...damn hard things to get in Brussels..

From what I hear, the Wild Geese in Brussels do a quality Full Irish... ~€17 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭DriftingRain

Agree's with Seamus. I never eat brrakfast. Maybe a bananna or bowl of cereal after drinking all night otherwise I go without!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Can't leave the house without eating something - I *hate* hunger pangs!
    These days, usually have weetabix, toast, fruit juice and tea.
    Cheap, quick to prepare and it fills you up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by misswex
    I have 2 weetabix and orange juice :D

Exciting stuff :rolleyes:

Ee Gads... :eek: - I usually put milk on them myself... :D

At weekends - toast - lightly done - so golden and cripsy on the outside and will melt the real butter...
    And some youghurt..
    (Note to self - get some unsweetened grapefruit juice)

And a real blast from the past - eating porraige and toast at the same time ..
    Making porraige (for when it gets colder)
    1 cup porraige
    2 cups boiling water
    1 cup milk
    1 big pinch of salt
    leave it for a while - the hot water will mean less cooking time later.
    Note: use a bit more water if cooking in a microwave.
    If you use only a singe cup of water you end up with a chewy mess - but you can feel it sitting in your stomach for the next hour or so..

#remember to put cold water in the pot as soon as it is empty - makes it so much easier to clean after breakfast.#
    #I used to live in a house where someone put the water in the pot and left it there for a LONG time - when we emptied it - oh the smell..#

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'm really not a breakfast man. That said however, morning with a hangover, a brekkie roll is the only way to go. Normal mornings, breakfast can be coke, toffee bakewells, a pint, or usually a bottle of BPM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    At weekends - toast - lightly done - so golden and cripsy on the outside and will melt the real butter...
    And some youghurt..
    Ee Gads... :eek: - I usually put jam on them myself... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

how bout the chef's breakfast....

cup of black coffee and a smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

does noone eat porridge????.

Healthy b**tard of a brekkie, nice with Jam.

Don't really eat it myself, but hope to get into habit cos feel I eating too many fries lately and the oul ticker is gonna quit on me. :eek:

Sausages, hash browns and a runny egg and your sucking diesel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

In a new health regieme I've just been subscribed to by a friend, I'm on a healthy breakfast buzz this month. Oh Joy.

The plus side is shes bringing in breakfast for me this week (I have to buy the coffee)!

Todays breakfast is: Pitta Bread and Hummous!

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

oh a toasted cheese an rasher sandwich , or if your not in a rush a good old spicy wedge roll.............oh hell yea the wedges are the man for brekkie .

• Advertisement
Advertisement