Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Powercolour Radeon cards on Komplett - Any good?

• 21-10-2003 9:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I see Komplett are now selling Powercolour Radeon cards, prices seem pretty good. Does anyone know anything about them? I figure I need a new card now for Max Payne 2 and Half Life 2 whenever. Had been considering a 9600 pro for a while and now possibly a 9600xt. Do you think the xt is worth the €50 premium over the pro?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

They are as good as any others. Very popular in the states. Saw lots of them when I was there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

It depends

the memory speed is clocked down in the EZ versions - so the 9600pro gets results only slightly above a regular 9600, but below other 9600 pros.

here's a review.

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/radeon/pcolor-1.html

I think some of the non-"EZ" cards might be on par with other manufacturers - but you probably were refferring to the EZ versions as the do seem exceptionally cheap by omparision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

Asked on some forums and the memory seems to be the weak link, acceptable if your running normally but you cant overclock powercolour cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Thanks guys. I might just go for the "retro" charm of the Sapphire fireblade edition then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The bravo edition of the powercolor radeons actually has an overclocked memory. Just beware of the EZ edition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement