Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No Mercy (Spoiler)

• 21-10-2003 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

Tagiri - Mysterio 7/10
    Good match with plenty of near misses, strange ending when 2 "fans" (Other japanese wretlers) distracted mysterio allowing Tagiri to win

Beniot - A Train 5/10
    All 5 for Benoit for continuing after A-Train dropped him on his head, nice touch with the sharpshooter to force A Train to tap out.

Eddie - Big slow 4/10
    Not even Eddie could rescue this snorefest. Show with the win

Bashams - APA 6/10
    Decent if uninspired match with Shiniqua's return to screw the APA, it seems that Bradshaws Clothesline from hell has caused her breasts to swell :rolleyes:

Gowan - Hardy 2/10
    O.K. Gowan can wrestle a bit but we are supposed to believe he can pull off a clean win over the sensai of Mattitude?

McMahon - McMahon -9,756,289/10
    Why! Why! Oh God why can the McMahons hot hand the spotlight to someone else? Vince won as everyone knew he would.

Cena - Angle 9/10
    Great match, easily the best of the night. Crowd was well into it and seemed evenly split between Cena and Angle. angle won after many near misses.

Lesnar - Taker 7/10
    Suprisingly this was pretty decent, 'taker took as many bumps as I've seen for a long time, the ending was the usual McMahon screwjob enabling lesnar to use the chain to win.

Overall I'd give NM a 5/10

How would you rate No Mercy 8 votes

It sucked big time! Booo!!!!!
    0% 0 votes
    It wasn't great, I fell asleep a couple of times O.K.
    0% 0 votes
    It was O.K.
    12% 1 vote
    It was pretty good.
    75% 6 votes
    It rocked!
    12% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

dont be a negative no no, this was proably the best ppv since wrestlemania. the McMahon's match did better than everyone expected (it sucked dunkey c0ck instead of tossing dunkey salad) with a repeat of breath hart Vs bob buclan.

benoit Vs a-team wasnt a bad match and had a very nasty bump on a chair

Gowan Vs Hardy should not have happened, nobody cares about gowan no matter how much coal pushes him

Eddie Vs Big show was grate it was a good david Vs giliate match and it gets big show out of the title picture and gives eddie a chance to go for the big gold

cena Vs angle was brillent

Taker Vs Lesner was brillent to but a silly ending, but could lead to a taker vince match at surviver series wrere hopefully one will get off our screens for a wile

the other matches were also good

overall 7/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Lets be real here for a minute.
    There's no hope for No Mercy being the second best PPV of the year, just because it wasn't the abortion that Unforgiven was, doesn't make it great either!

Compared this to Vengeance earlier this year, it was quite disappointing considering what they could have done.

Lets get the rundown
    Tajiri Vs Rey Mysterio:
    A brilliant choice for an opener, both guys know how to work, and both guys know how to sell. Although did we really need a screwjob ending on the opening match? Surely five more days would have been sufficiant to introduce the two guys who ran in. They could have saved that for the following Smackdown. 1/1

Benoit Vs GayTrain:
    The crowd is already groaning, but at least they got it over with early. The match sucked sh|t to say the least. I'm with JonGore on this one though. It's saving Grace was Benoit pulling out all the stops despite the nasty bumps by the reckless GayTrain. Nice tribute to Stu towards the end as well. NOW CAN WE PLEASE TAKE THE HINT AND STOP PUSHING THIS TALENTLESS SLUG? 1/2

Eddie Vs Big Show:
    I didn't know what to make of this to be honest, with Show with a big grin on his face when he got the belt afterwards. He's the only person i know who's happier when he gets a lesser title. Has he forgotten that 10-11 months ago, he won the big one and then choked a month later? I'm with a-hole in the sense that it's a good idea to keep Big Slow out of the title picture, but it was a bad idea for Eddie to be used as the sacrificial lamb. 2/3

Bashams Vs APA:
    WTF? Was this match even on the card or was it thrown in at the last minute? Or has Smackdown just been putting me to sleep a lot lately. This match was nothing, and no matter what sized implants Shaniqua gets, she's still a MAN baby! 2/4

Matt Hardy Vs Zack Gowen:
    Well we knew this was gonna bite the big one anyway, again if Gowen needed to be pushed, why did Hardy have to be the fodder for him? Another nothing match with Gowen bouncing around like Richard Simmons. I was half expecting the Shannon Moore turn on Matt for not being able to beat up a one legged bloke. In fact i got the feeling that was the plan but it was dropped at last minute. Sh|t match all the same. 2/5

McMahon Vs McMahon:
    How a-hole can even compare this to Hart V Backlund I've no idea. Hart V Backlund ending was made for one reason and one reason only, and thats to push Owen and enhance his Heel Character. This looked like the writers hadn't a clue what to do with them and was just thrown together! Although to her credit, Stephanie took some nice bumps but you can paint a turd gold, but it's still a turd and it still stinks. 2/6

John Cena Vs Kurt Angle:
    YES YES YES!!! What we waited the best part of two hours for! Something that could possibly save this dog of a card. My only gripe with this is that it didn't get the full amount of time that it deserved. It felt too short, now maybe it's just me. Excellent match that had a lot of close calls. If this had been the main event, it probably would have saved the card. 3/7

Undertaker Vs Brock Lesnar - Biker Chain:
    Sadly it wasn't and we have to watch these two destroy No Mercy for the second year in a row. I had flashbacks of No Way Out when the lights went out, i'm hoping that was a legit mistake on the lighting technicians pat. Taker actually SOLD!! first time i saw him doing that in a while. He's still old, he's still a hasbeen though! Decent enough match, better than last years Hell in The Cell anyway but still nowhere near decent. It gets it's mark, barely! 4/8

Second best PPV of the year my arse! i'll give it 4/10 due to the crap storylines leading up to this dog of a PPV. Smackdown is trying to be RAW lately and unfortunately, this PPV is conclusive evidence. Due to the nature of it being so crap, whats the bet it'll draw the ratings from the yanks though?

Nero

Advertisement