Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

that bloody smell!

Options
  • 21-10-2003 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

On some parts of grafton street, i swear i have to hold my breath walking bye it (at the bottom near the vodafone shop and the smaller burger king

Jesus its been there for god knows how long now, you would think it would get better after these months but its bloody god awful. I'm now trying to just avoid going through it due to the holding breath factor (pity as i used to enjoy walking home through it just to check out the 'talent')

Thats not the only place either, i know recently up the IFSC area some parts smell like a sewage dump, mainly round the back of connolly station part where i work, it has got a tad better recently but its starting to get beyond a joke.

Anyone else getting sick of the constant sewage smell that seems to be surrounding some areas or am I just a bit tetchy lately? :p

And not that im greatly bothered but i stay in the ranelagh area since moving from kimmage/crumlin, it was grand at start but recently i've noticed this influx of drunken baboons, even the other night a bunch of drunken knackers coming off and setting fireworks off in our street and booting over wheelie bins and even booting off a few windmirrors on there way...

After staying in lucan and then kimmage/crumlin i expected ranelagh to be a bit nicer as i have heard from its reputation but recently it's just went rapidly downhill, or has it always been there and only now im just noticing it?

I'm not greatly bothered as i say, but it does tend to pìss you off at times. Also thought this board could do with a new post of some sort :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

It's probably to do with Luas works/other road works and the fact that they're digging up stuff that's been underground for ages. I imagine the colder weather should help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Originally posted by amp
    It's probably to do with Luas works/other road works and the fact that they're digging up stuff that's been underground for ages. I imagine the colder weather should help.
    Yeah I'm thinking (hoping) that aswell... I've noticed certain spots around town have become ultra-smelly... almost like you're walking past an enormous poo-factory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

almost like you're walking past an enormous poo-factory.

Didn't you hear? The enormous poo factory closed down a month or so ago and has been re-located to the far east where aparantly it's much cheaper to produce...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Big Chief
    On some parts of grafton street, i swear i have to hold my breath walking bye it (at the bottom near the vodafone shop and the smaller burger king
    The city in general smells, haven't noticed anything in particular.
    Originally posted by Big Chief
    And not that im greatly bothered but i stay in the ranelagh area since moving from kimmage/crumlin, it was grand at start but recently i've noticed this influx of drunken baboons, even the other night a bunch of drunken knackers coming off and setting fireworks off in our street and booting over wheelie bins and even booting off a few windmirrors on there way...
    It's OK, Mike and Jonny have moved out ;)

Advertisement