Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urgent pantone trouble.

Options
  • 21-10-2003 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

I am creating a flash piece to go on a plasma screen for a company, and have been givin pantones to work with, i convert these into hex using a table, but the colour on the screen seems a mile away from that on print, it seems much brighter on screen.

Are there any rules of thumb that could help with regards to converting print colours to screen?

this stuff has to be finished by the end of the day, som I'm in a real hurry, my only fall back at the moment is to hold the printed colour to the screen and try and match it by eye.. a bit crappy really.

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

You are never going to get them looking the same. If you do on your screen when you try it on another monitor it will probably look miles different again.
    Not all pantone colours can be reproduced in cmyk. Shifting occurs when converting from 4 colour cmyk down to 3 colour rgb. the best method for this is in photo shop to convert to lab colour then convert to rgb. The from RGB you have your hex for flash.

Your best bet is just to visually match them on the plasma screen that the presentation is to be finally shown. Colours will look different again depending on the lighting set up in the room and time of day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭PAPILLION

yeah i was starting to figure as much.

specially as monitors are illuminated where print is not.

cheerso

Advertisement