Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 21-10-2003 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

I would be happy to see some comments about whether is it Human nature that we will all end up in a George Orwell 1984 setting or is that by Human nature will we never allow ourselves to become caught in that kind of world order?
    I ask this because of the increase in close circuit camera's in schools and workplaces and in America the trouble surrounding the Patroits Act and the wanting to issue I.D cards in Britain it seems if these continue unchecked its a a real and possible future for us all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Nah, it's the present society we live in.

That's the thing about 1984, it's not a commentary on Communism, it's a parody of society at large.

Don't forget we're "free", here, while those guys... over ==> there somewhere are the 'bad' guys.

In conclusion, I'd like to encourage everybody to vote for me... I'm pro family and anti-drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Jaffus

It may have been a social parody back in the 1940's and the big treat of his time was the A Bomb but our threat is bigger than that "GENETICS" with that sort of power im sure we can be made "PERFECT" and not just trained to be so. So far as I can see all the tools are there for the right nutter to started fooling around with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Identity theft is a growing issue is the US.
    All it takes is some nutter with money and power to steal peoples identities by the million or even mix them up to cause chaos.
    This would give the culprit some sort of power ego trip.

But as said the tools are here for big brother control electronically anyway where every word I type can be reported to a secret govt agency and have me thrown in a gulag within minutes :D

Advertisement