Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our website i finally done

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Good site. Nice Shockwave frills etc. but not my cuppa. The mention of music reminds me I've got a V.I.P. access all areas pass for the Reading Festival. Woohoo. I'll give your regards to the Chemical Brothers.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

LOL Musician. Enjoy.

Nah i just taught i would show to you lads see what you think. etc before it goes fully public.

Hobbes. http//:indigo.ie/~douglasd and then click munki.

Anyhow i was not looking to praise i just wanted to constructive opinions on what you all think.

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

blech shockwave!

nice and all that but it just aint got the support. You can do the majority of that stuff with some nice images and tables.

Think of the target market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

It's nasty Flash. Greys and purples and navy blues? Gradients? Better off with plain HTML and maybe afew graphics. The information is hard to find... it isn't very welcoming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

mmmm churn site churn...
    slooooowwwwwww

• Advertisement

Thanks lads. I was worried about the Flash thing do enough people really have it to make full sucess of the site.

Was thinking of makeing it less a feature and more used in in the use of navigation.
    Buttons etc.

that would be a better thing to do, but staying away from flash altoghether is a wiser choice. It just detters users as they have to d/l all sorts of plugins and ****e.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Most people have two sites - Flash and non-Flash. In the end it's only worth doing if it's incredibly impressive but who's got the time.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

talking of flash, must finish the hiv intro smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

flash tis kewl,

but its b4 its time.

• Advertisement

The Website for the club is finally done it will be at www.munki.ie i a couple of days.

tell me what ya reckon. I'd like feedback on it.constructive critisim would be recieved, but then mostly likely trashed smile.gif

Ben

Took down the other link please remove it from your bookmarks as other unfinished projects are under construction which we'd rather were left unseen. Till finished

Ach title ****ed i didn't do it btw. Lol i would n't even know where to start.

[This message has been edited by JaneyMackers (edited 17-08-99).]

[This message has been edited by JaneyMackers (edited 17-08-99).]

[This message has been edited by JaneyMackers (edited 18-08-99).]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Fair play lads - I think it looks quite good. I must agree with the others - the Shockwave seems to be there for the sake of it rather than anything else - I know this sounds really negative, I actually think it looks really good, but I know how annoyed I get when I have to wait for non-essential Flash stuff to download. Having said that, this stuff id download pretty quick sunglasses.gif
    Definately a non-shockwave option is needed.

All in all - fair good I'll tell ya!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    homepage.tinet.ie/~davitt

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 18-08-99).]

heres shockwave done really well:

www.kimble.org

oops smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hecate (edited 18-08-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ive seen a couple of really cool shockrave sites.
    of course i cant actually rememebr any of them apart from the N3D site which is really cool.
    of and www.outcast-game.com i think.
    its the site for outcast which is quiet impressive if you have a very fast connection or lots of time on yer hands.
    must have a look at yer site when i get home smile.gif
    dont have shockwave on the puter in work sad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Wow,wow,wow.
    That Kimble site is fooking deadly. Man, Shockwave.
    HA, stick it Gates.

Well our site manager is ahead of you all he's just added a non shock page to it skipping the intro.
    I souldn't of out the link up so soon Dave was saying he's got a bit to go he decided to change it a bit.
    Coming along nicely but.

Lads i think your missing the point of the site. Were an underground Dance music club promoters.
    In underground venues, with underground Dj's and unfortunatly lots of people off their heads. The page is a reflection of those nights.

OMG the kimble page is incredible.

Advertisement