Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

farkin board

• 21-10-2003 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Excuse my rant

I was tottenham manager for 8 seasons, during this time i won
    1 champions league
    3 league title
    2 uefa cups
    1 intertoto cup (yea , i know it's crap)

Anyway, after winning the league and champions league double, I decided with 50 mil in the transfer kitty (balance was 120 mil, no bank loans) and being 160k under the wage budget to sign steven gerrard. he wanted 130k a week and the maximum I could offer was 110k. So i decided to demand a wage increase for the squad, which was refused so I issued a ultimatum and the they sacked me! This was at christmass, so tottenham appointed the newcastle manager (newc were in 4th position) and I took that job. I then managed to guide them to fourth (expectations were a decent league position) and the champions league. So then at the end of the season after making them 50+ million, they give me a transfer budget of 13 mil (note - amounts are euros) when I issued a ultimatum - they sacked me!. So I have retired from my CM4 game in disgust. To think that a manger with my rep should receive this treatment! Anyone else have similar experiences of board skullduggery!

*Note - I never cheated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Out of interest I issued the board an ultimatum over a transfer funds increase. I did this while at the end of the 5th season.
    Having won 5 League titles.
    5 CL titles
    4 Domestic cup titles.
    Loads of those crappy cups.

I was sacked. But I was just testing so I quit the game without saving obviously. But it would seem ultimatums wont work. However my chairman took out a loan for the next season.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Is that on CM4? I issued 4 ultimatums with Dundalk with an ok reputation and all I got was a warning at the end of it. They asked me to keep to my own job.

They were mainly for wages and once for a stadium expansion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

You think that is anoying when I was alaves manager I came 4th season 1, second season won the league and uefa cup, 3 rd season league champions league and spanish cup, 4th season league and champions league, 5th season league and champions league and spanish cup.
    to try and fund a cl winning side with a stadium of 19500 is fairly tough so at the end of each season I asked for expansion was refused issued an ultimatum and was told that development work would begin soon after 5 years I gave up and took over udinese instead.

Altough they did improve the training groud after an ultimatim so It does work sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

If you're at a big club ultimatums just won't work. I had balances of £200m+ at some stages at Barcelona and got transfer kitties of sub £20m which was infuriating. Never ever got it increased.

An ultimatum is basically "Acede to my wishes of I quit.". It's makes sense that a big club won't take that shit from anyone.

I'm surprised that they weren't a little more accomdating at Tottenham given that you brought such success to a middle of the road club but you should always save before you get cheeky with your board!

Advertisement