Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB LOS Cherrywood (Clondalkin)

Options
  • 21-10-2003 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they have had a successful LoS test done from Cherrywood to SIAC in Clondalkin.

I have tried to call IBB to arrange a LoS test but all I get from the telephonist is "Every one is engaged can I take your number". Which I give her and never hear back.

Maybe I should ask her if I have LoS! Well she must be psychic because because she can tell every one is on the phone without even trying to put me through.

Ah well, I'm sure I will get through some time.
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I can't imagine you wouldn't have LOS to SIAC as it towers over Clondalkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

how long since you requested a los test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭sixtysix

i think the real question is
    has anyone been connected to the ibb mast in clondalkin?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

I live in Greenpark, across from cherrywood, had a LOS on the Tallaght mast awhile back and failed but the guy said he could see SIAC without any probs and I should pass on that when it went live. Like most people still waiting for IBB to ring me back after several conversations and numerous promises.

Scary

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Is the mast on the SIAC building itself or is it on the water tower/chimney in the quarry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dieselfreak

The Antenna is on the top of the building on the left corner, if looking from the monastery road.

Its about 1.5meters in height and grey in colour.

Im getting my 1mbit synchronous service installed today, weather permitting. ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by dieselfreak
    Im getting my 1mbit synchronous service installed today, weather permitting. ;-)
    Wouldn't hold your breath with that :)
    Might give them a shout, I more or less live beside the place. Should pass a LOS no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

I failed the los test and was only 500m away from siac. i asked chaz and he said that he would have a look at why i failed. (the technicians said that there were too many trees in the way). This is what he said:

Your signal level was -75dbm – that was off SAIC (Clondalkin). The only reason they would have got that is cos there is no coverage from Ballycoolin. There is another sector going up on Ballycoolin – to serve mainly the residential area – perhaps a retest would be in order then.
    Ill let you know when the other sector is going up.

Could somebody explain this to me and how a new sector off ballycoolin would help since i want bb off siac?

Advertisement