Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mouse Gestures in IE

• 21-10-2003 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I've learned to love the mouse gestures in Opera [ great for us lazy people :) ], but on my college laptop, I cant get it to work.

Is there anyway of getting this feature to work in IE?

Ive googled for it, and tried a plug-in from codeshop.com, but annoyingly, whenever I right click it closes it shuts down every IE window open! (apart from that it works fine)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

http://www.myie2.com/html_en/home.htm

Add on for IE, has tabbed browsing and Mouse Gestures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

StrokeIt is the same except works for everything, not just IE. You can open new windows, close windows, minimize, maximize, go back, forward etc etc... and define your own gestures too. It's so handy I now get frustrated when I use a machine that doesnt have it..

I have it bound to mouse3 (middle wheel-click), all I have to do is draw a C and it closes the current window; a W it opens a web browser; M my mail program. Diagonal lines maximize/minimize, left line goes back a page, right line forward. They're pretty much the only ones I use, but it has a ton of presets for other programs like mIRC, kazaa, winamp and more.

It's completely free, easy to install & use, and has a small footprint. I definitely recommend it! :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Cheers Jazz! That's a frickin class little program.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

its sounds like it could be pretty handy but just one thing that i thought might be annoying is say, that diagonal line gesture u had, say u had yur mouse on the scroll bar at the side and then u move it diagonally up to one of the meus on boards, it would keep doing whatever that u set it to do. Just that i thought that might be kind of annoying and hinder u a bit? I haven't use it or anything, os this is just something i thought of so is it like that or no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

seems to be the same as the plug in for mozilla firebird.
    for that you had to initiate it by clicking the mouse button of your choice, and then move the mouse.
    if you set it to the middle or right button it's fairly unlikely that you'd make any accidental gestures.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭cr1spy

Cheers for that Jazz, it works perfectly.

Now I only have to make the bare minimum of effort, and dont have to learn any keyboard shortcuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Glad you like it!:)
    No suppafly I've never really come across any problem like that, it takes over the mouse-click so it doesnt affect anything else at the same time, and like tman said if you use the middle or right button there's very little chance of doing something mistakenly.

The only problem i've ever come across is if you bind it to the right button, it will disrupt games that require you to drag with the right button, taking over instead. But this is easily remedied by right clicking on the strokeit icon in the tray to disable it before starting the game.

Advertisement