Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Media Player 9

Options
  • 21-10-2003 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

I knew about WMP9 before I dled it. You can't remove it once its installed, with this in mind I installed it anyway just to play some high res Windows Media content. That didn't even work, fair enough.

Media files are associated to Windows Media Player Classic but when I load one up it starts WMP9. That's even when its set to use WMP Classic by default. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Yay for Winamp 3!

*tumbleweed rolls by*

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ehh but tbh Winamp 3 sucks and they've stop updating it (good ridence)

try the beta for winamp 5

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=1066336873

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by CivilServant
    Media files are associated to Windows Media Player Classic but when I load one up it starts WMP9. That's even when its set to use WMP Classic by default. Any ideas?
    select a media file in windows explorer.
    hold shift & right click, choose "open with" then select mplayer or something similar (itt'l have the media player classic icon)
    you may need to go into media player 9, tools/options/file types.
    then deselect everything on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Deselecting the files in WMP9 works, cheers tman.

Advertisement