Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how much does a kitten cost?

• 21-10-2003 7:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

where to buy a kitten and how much do they cost? i want a normal cat(with standard color gray) what i mean by normal is erm... the cats they show in commercials for example. I don't know what that breed is called, i call them street cats :), not one of those siamese or furry cats

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

CyberGhost,

Regular kittens don't cost much at all, and they're often free to good homes. Check the buy and sell for people whose cats have just had a litter. They'll be looking for loving homes for the little critters.

Bear in mind the other costs such as foods, toys, shots, vets bills. Kittens though don't cost much unless you get a pedigree (like a Siamese) :)

Check the pounds and Irishanimals.ie aswell. They list some kittens on the site sometimes (with contact details).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Thanks koneko!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

Vets call the 'advert' kind of cat a European shorthair.

and yeah, go to the pound, or else find an ad in the local petshop/vets clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Remember though.

Kittens are grand. Cute and all.
    But then they grow up.
    Something happens.
    And BAM!
    ALL cats are evil. They should come with a disclaimer.
    Every one you kill will bring you closer to heaven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

what a load of bollox, maybe you've only had the misfortune of being around cats that haven't been raised with the proper ammounts of attention and tlc.
    or maybe you've just tried petting one too many stray cats:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Unless you have advice to offer CyberGhost or something constructive to post, don't bother fluffer. This isn't a Cats V Dogs debate. No spam here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

why not adopt a cat that has been mistreated? its what my family did and we still have our cat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

My cat was 'free to good home' when she was a kitten, but I do agree with the previous poster who suggested adopting an older cat who perhaps hasnt had the best start in life. My aunt did that, and now she has the most lovely 9 year old cat called Julia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

cats and other animals shouldnt cost alot...just enough so to pay for theyre care b4 been adopted to people who will take good care of them :)

yeah yeah i know and the sky should rain lollypops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Billy Turdhed

Might as well make it a row of three "cat Avatars"

A well cared for cat is no trouble... just get him wormed early on...if its male....shift the stones..otherwise he will get into fights with other males and spray the gaff. females shud be spayed unless you want to be overrun with the critters..other than that they are clean animals are cause no trouble

:cool: BT

• Advertisement
Advertisement