Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuban Cigars

• 21-10-2003 7:37pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I guess this is the best forum to ask in, although cigars are neither food nor drink...
    anyway, how much is your average cuban cigar, and are they easy to get in Dublin?

Im not a cigar smoker, or any type of smoker infact, but Im jus wondering.

Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭ifconfig

Three places come to mind

Decent Cigar Company on Grafton Street
    (Stephen's Green end near Captain America's
    restaurant)

JJ Fox on College Green/Grafton Street
    opposite TCD

Peterson's (also opposite TCD 2-3 doors up from
    Fox)

Fox and Peterson are very historic places
    (I hope these places survive any downturn
    the pub/restaurant ban in Jan 04 may bring
    to decent tobacco consumption)
    Decent Cigar is a newer outfit but very
    pleasant and on the few occasions I've been in
    there I felt the staff were very helpful.

Actually a non-Cuban cigar I can recommend
    are Padron's (Honduras & Nicaragua).
    Don't necessary limit yourself to Cubans.
    Your Mileage May Vary *YMMV* as they say.

Pipe tobacco, now there's another topic I could
    talk all day about :)

/sbin/ifconfig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cohiba

Definitely Fox's is your best bet, for price and quality. Cuban, or decent cigars are reasonably easy to find in Dublin, a lot of pubs/restaurants/hotels sell them, but expect to pay upwards of €12 for them. The only problem with buying in a pub etc, is that storage is absolutley essential to maintain the quality of the cigar. If they don't look after their humidor, you're going to fork out good cash for a dried up cigar, and you'd be better off smoking hay. Best bet is to go for 'tubos', cigars in tubes, as opposed to ones kept loose in a humidor. They don't need as much looking after as they're sealed in the tube.
    And the above post is dead right, don't limit yourself to cubans, a lot of them are mass produced nowadays, and lack the qulaity they're supposed to have, especially for the price you're paying. Dominican cigars can be excellent, and slightly cheaper than cubans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

where i work the sell the big mad cigars and the go from €8 to €25!!!

Advertisement