Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God

Options
  • 21-10-2003 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

i just wanna see what everyone thinks
    (plus i'm proving Sparky wrong)

Does God Exist? 25 votes

God exists
    0% 0 votes
    God doesn't exist
    36% 9 votes
    I am God
    36% 9 votes
    God is dead
    20% 5 votes
    *insert favourite band member* is God
    4% 1 vote
    *insert favourite moderator who can ban you* is God
    4% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

u do realise that 'god' has various aliasies (sp?).
    god a.k.a. allah a.k.a. what ever the jews call him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John1188

i'm using god as a general term

btw wat does (sp) mean?

have a thinkle.
    aliasies is obviously wrong. probably aliases. (sp = spelling, if ya hadn't figured it out yet)

only I can say i am god. for i was referred to as such for CTYI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 sk_irl

well most people know that god exists, but the real question is who created god, and who created that guy, and so on. and are our lives just small little parts of some crazy persons brain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

this thread?...biased?...*raises eyebrow*... certainly not...

do you mean supernatural power in general? or god? or do you mean just one supernatural power and not many? or do you mean something out there bigger than us? (which could be any number of things, not necessarily any one religion's narrow view of a religious/spiritual/higher in general- power) and I sincerely doubt that most people believe in a religion's narrow definition of a higher power. there are a lot of people in the world with a lot of different opinions.

gotta love the wealth of sketchy polls on this board :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Be clearer in options. God means many different things, my personal belief is in a universal conschence (<-def sp problem). All living this vibrate at diffrnet frequencies, this is the "life force" or energy. I believe all this energy is interlinked as it all has been one and will one day return to oneness. Its a scientist slant, not a faith. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion about spirituality and faith, what really gets up my nose is organised religions claiming their faith is the only true one. *Brisels* "Grrr!"
    As for the whole afterlife and sins question which where bound to be asked, I believe a person themselves is the only person fit to judge what is right and wrong morally (not legally, don't like a law- move some where else), you know when you do whats right and when you do wrong. Afterlife, hum...don't know yet. Almost died once, saw my life (short at that point I was 5-6) flash by me, but could have been paniced mind trying to cope. I've no proof of an afterlife, but like to hope that what ever you believe happens to you after you die, does. I want to be a cat for a few rounds, then maybe go to a nice warm "heaven" or something fun. :p
    -Long windedly yours all,
    Havelock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

/me adds this thread to his "Reasons to kick John Bowler up the arse" list

Seriously though, there's a lack of options for agonistics. Or however you spell that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Spenguin

What the hell?? Aw come on. God?? Don't make this thread. I don't wanna be mean, but just don't. You'll only end up offending someone. Geez. Talking about religion has always ended in tears for me. Well, not literally but, you know what I mean. And that poll was kinda stoopid. Not giving a wide enough variety of options. What if you are buddhist huh? Thinks aren't as simple as god existing and god not existing. Plus some really dumb options. God is dead? I'm being really mean to you. Sorry, you just really annoy me. No offense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    /me adds this thread to his "Reasons to kick John Bowler up the arse" list

i second that motion, although i'll get someone else to do the kicking for me.

and i'm secular, in that i'm utterly non-religious and believe in one thing: seperation of church and state. well, that's the short side of the story.

yo M-O-DD! do some banning. he didn't put u in the poll list : Crash is God and the like.
    Ban his ass.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by mentalimplosion
    seperation of church and state
    I also believe in seperation of church and state, but not the American style one where the president is sworn in on a bible, and the church has political power. The church should stick to the affairs of the afterlife, rather than interfere in the affairs of this life.

and the way that it says in god we trust on the money

/me sees big lightning flash outside
    /me hears fartlike thunder outside
    /me hides behind computer

sorry, a little off topic but i was scared

Why? Thunder and lightning is beautiful. And it makes you feel warmer and safer in your house then you actually are.

ok, in school today, lightning struck a tree LITERALLY 20 feet away from me. i was scared. and me being a genius, i walked to school with an umbrella.

Originally posted by Spenguin
    Why? Thunder and lightning is beautiful. And it makes you feel warmer and safer in your house then you actually are.
    Yeah, but Scarlet Joe could slip in a nuke between lightning flashes, and we wouldn't know to duck and cover.

"Remember, when you see the flash, (cue cheesy music) duck and cover"

Oh my god, lightning hit zion church beside my school and two girls nearby got hit aswell and they had to get an ambulance and the fire brigade were there too. Ironicly, what attracted the lightning was a lightning conducter shaped like a satan pitchfork thing.

they got hit by lightning?
    BULL****

Only on the CTYI board could a thread about God be turned into a discussion of lightning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Nobody can prove whether a God or numerous gods exist or don't exist. It's up to the person to decide whether they believe in an almighty being or not. Me, I'm agnostic. I have trouble putting my faith entirely and without question in something.
    I agree with Ana, the state and the church should remain seperate. The state is concerned with every citizen, and the church is only concerned with some. For example, if abortions are legalised, and your religion is against abortion, then that doesn't mean you have the right to prevent people who don't share the same beliefs as you from having abortions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John1188

*sigh*
    ok, in this poll "God" means any higher being that was involved in the creation of the Universe,
    also i am sorry if i offended any agnostics, buddhists or crash
    and lastly "God is Dead" is part of Nietzschean philosophy
    (Barry will no doubt add this to list of reasons to kick me but i don't really care as he shows no real signs of actually kicking me)

"Where is God?, I will tell where God is: God is dead. We have killed him you and I, we are his murderers"-The parabable of the madman, Freidrech Nietzsche

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

you've already insulted me. i was not an option. OMFG loike.

Originally posted by Aliminator
    they got hit by lightning?
    BULL****

Why? People get hit by lightning all the time. Its not really that unbelievable. By the way, I voted for NEIL!! YAY!!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭twirly sponge

Heheh, you Dublin people and your thunder and lightning. It's all sunny and prettyful where I live. Woohoo! Thunder and lightning is beautiful, I agree, but when it rains the leaves go all mushy and crap and you cant step on them and make them crunch so I'll keep my sunny weather. I love autumn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 PurplePainter

May I point out how disturbing it is that 25% of us are god?..... Anyone share that view?

Originally posted by John1188
    (Barry will no doubt add this to list of reasons to kick me but i don't really care as he shows no real signs of actually kicking me)
    Without a doubt the best thing I've heard today:
    "He actually kicked me!"
    - Mr Bowler, responding to my tap. He shall feel true kickage in due course

I love thunderstorms! They is great! Sunny weather is good too sometimes, but it was nice for a change and it went on for almost a whole day. The rain wasn't good though. Yeah, leaves suck when they go all slippery and they're just waiting to trick you, and then you fall over. Reunion soon...

Why? People get hit by lightning all the time. Its not really that unbelievable. I am a suck up

obviously not the lightening i saw thru the window and what not, cos that'd fry anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

On the subject of the reunion, I will not be there as I ship out to France the morning of the Saturday. Those of you who wish it may have hugs when I'm in the country.

Originally posted by It wasn't me!
    On the subject of the reunion, I will not be there as I ship out to France the morning of the Saturday. Those of you who wish it may have hugs when I'm in the country.
    /me stocks up on anti-france missiles

Two birds with one stone loike

• Advertisement

i hear ya aonghus. refer to 'crash has nice ass' thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement