Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal-v-kiev (includes result)

• 21-10-2003 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

well, well ,well.... 3 games in and not a win in sight. still have to go to inter milan with only 1 point from 9. it looks to be over for arsenal, as i said at the start of their campaign.

2-1 wasnt a fair result according to itv, (i was more concerned with the celtic match). ant to be fair anytime i seen the match arsenal looked the better side. but its the result that counts at this stage. they needed at least a draw and now they're in a real mess.

they cant afford any more defeats, maybe any draws either. lessons havnt been learned from last season. they still havnt found their feet in the champions league which is remarkable when you consider their quality and league stance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Arsenal are **** always were in Europe and aaaalllllllllways will Be

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by TIPPTOP
    Arsenal are **** always were in Europe and aaaalllllllllways will Be

:mad: :mad: :mad:

bang on man, bang on i couldn't describe it better myself

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Painful. Toure hitting the bar in injury time from point blank especially.

I had to laugh at the irony though. Only a few days after beating Chelsea 2-1 thanks to a deflection and a terrible keeping error, Arsenal lose to Kiev more or less the same way thanks to a deflection and an utter balls up by Lehmann.

Oh well, didnt come as much of a surprise really. Its somewhat masochistic to be an arsenal fan watching them in europe lately.

Btw, they were playing Kiev. Locomotive beat Inter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

unlucky thats all i can say

they played well enough but couldn't get the results#

but thats football we can concentrate on the premership now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

HAH, couldnt be more happy
    Glad Arsenal didnt get any luck toinght and they didnt even deserve a draw.
    Still think they will get threw though
    Can Utd get them in the 2nd round knockout stage ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

that was really disappointing. Henry and Toure both hitting the crossbar :(:(

can they beat the 2 eastern teams at home and get something from milan. looking unlikely the way the 1st 3 games have gone :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

No its looks like the dream is over for this season at least. Its so disappointint to admit your European seaon is over and its not even November. Dont want to sound like to much of a cynic but even the most die hard fan will admit we're in trouble and will struggle to get out of this group.
    always were in Europe and aaaalllllllllways will Be
    ... I disagree with you but since its from Dido's new song I'll allow it..for now....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

as united fan i can only......and i mean....only laugh so long before it starts to hurt....so i'm going to stop....

SOON

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

dont laugh for too long

utd are going to win feck all in europe with their squad of players

when phill nevile is in the starting every game in the first 11 u know there is something wrong here!!!

enjoy it while it lasts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by jank

when phill nevile is in the starting every game in the first 11 u know there is something wrong here!!!

enjoy it while it lasts

Yea he's crap but at the end of the day it's all about show me your medals!!!!

Is it any wonder Man Utd fans are loved so much. I can almost see what its like to be a pool fan here now, unable to have a thread on ones team without it being spammed out by Utd fanboy muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Too true Kaids.

arsenal were unlucky not to equalise, Toure was close but fractions are what lose you games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by kif
    Is it any wonder Man Utd fans are loved so much. I can almost see what its like to be a pool fan here now, unable to have a thread on ones team without it being spammed out by Utd fanboy muppets.

Yeh, Its amusing when they get key facts totally wrong though. Cant wait for Utd's game against Cardiff tonight.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Smemon epitomises the kind of spa that makes up 98% of Manchester United supporters - twice Arsenal have lost in Europe, twice he starts a thread about it, although this time he doesn't even get the name of the team that beat them right :rolleyes:

The daft bit is his second two paragraphs are totally correct, but he just has to throw in the 'I told you so, nah nah nah nah' bit first...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Arsenal's biggest problem in europe is an inability to change the way they play. 90% of what they do going forward goes through Henry and if you can keep him quite (tricky enough task and beyond most premiership sides) you can keep Arsenal quite.

They need another forward to take the pressure off him, some one to push right up against the defences last man, hold the ball up and give the midfield a chance to join up in the attack.

Last night Arsenal were a little unlucky but Chelsea can claim the same for last weekend, sometimes it's just not your night.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

We have already establised that Liverpool threads seem to turn in to United supporters gloating grounds and it seems that Arsenal threads are going the same way.

I raised this question with an Arsenal supporter last night and he didnt know what to say.....

What happened last night, is what has been happening now with Arsenal for a number of year running, i.e. failing to impress at all in Europe and generally being very poor. If this continues, should questions of Wengers ability be asked? I mean, he has been in or around the top of the Premiership now for 4 or 5 seasons running but has not made any apparent progress in Europe. Obviously, Arsenal have set their sights in the Champions League trophy (the big clubs want that the most) and how long are they willing to accept these appalling runs in that competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by RasTa
    HAH, couldnt be more happy
    Glad Arsenal didnt get any luck toinght and they didnt even deserve a draw.
    Still think they will get threw though.
    I actually think Arsenal will qualify too. But Inter will have to win the rest of their matches. If Inter win the last three matches, Arsenal win there 2 home games against Lokomotiv and Kiev and Lokomotiv (which they most likely will) beat Kiev at home then Arsenal come second. So all you Arsenal fans should be up for Inter in there matches. Although if Arsenal draw or beat Inter away they have a great chance of qualification.

dont laugh for too long

utd are going to win feck all in europe with their squad of players

enjoy it while it lasts

Yeh if we only had a midfield general like Ray Parlour to captain the side we'd be going places...........dude seriously.......c'mon.......ray ****ing parlour ROFFLE

Originally posted by Emboss
    Yeh if we only had a midfield general like Ray Parlour to captain the side we'd be going places...........dude seriously.......c'mon.......ray ****ing parlour ROFFLE
    yeah, nicky butt is so much better.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by eireboy
    yeah, nicky butt is so much better.

yeh and nicky was put in as captain in on of the most important european games when ? eh never ?

poor parlour rofl

well emboss u seem to fit the bill of the gloating man u supporter that seams to know feck all of football as per usual of man u supporters (but not all)

so we have to ask why do utd supporrters come on to these boards to gloat over defeats of others

maybe cause they know nothing of the game and all they know is how to gloat!! they prefer others to lose rather for them to win is that it!!:rolleyes:

typical and its getting worse :rolleyes:

well emboss u seem to fit the bill of the gloating man u supporter that seams to know feck all of football as per usual of man u supporters (but not all)

so we have to ask why do utd supporrters come on to these boards to gloat over defeats of others

maybe cause they know nothing of the game and all they know is how to gloat!! they prefer others to lose rather for them to win is that it!!:rolleyes:

typical and its getting worse :rolleyes:

jank the chances are i was playing/following football before you were born...i supported united when Liverpool dominated english and european football......

when world class players where lee ****ing martin!!!!

don't talk to me about gloating i never gloat on this board...please check previous posts...... i just thought last night was extra special......

kids today :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

when world class players where lee ****ing martin!!!!

What a player, the last I heard of him he was up for benefit fraud. Remember him at left back in one of the european comps back when we could only play 4 non English players which cost utd a few european titles IMO.

World Class Indeed:D

Of course the Arsenal supporters would not do anything like that, have a look at the come on you gers thread , see if you see any
    Arsenal Fans posting. Yez got what yez always get in europe last night, a good beating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Smemon epitomises the kind of spa that makes up 98% of Manchester United supporters - twice Arsenal have lost in Europe, twice he starts a thread about it, although this time he doesn't even get the name of the team that beat them right :rolleyes:

The daft bit is his second two paragraphs are totally correct, but he just has to throw in the 'I told you so, nah nah nah nah' bit first...

I have only ever put one member on my IGNORE list and guess who it is....

Mike.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Of course the Arsenal supporters would not do anything like that, have a look at the come on you gers thread , see if you see any Arsenal Fans posting.
    wow muppet, you've really outdone yourself this time.

yeah, i forgot about the Stuttgart thread being completely drowned out by Arsenal fans gloating. oh wait. it wasnt.

the rio thread was really badly spammed aswell. oh wait, neither was that.

i dont see anything on the come on you gers thread either. now need i refer to this thread, or perhaps countless recent threads on liverpool, or perhaps a couple of the threads dragged up and then spammed by united fans at the end of last season?

oh btw emboss, for someone so ancient you are a shining light of maturity and wisdom. i cant believe ecksor banned you from #boards.ie, having read your posts here i cant imagine him ever having any justification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Your rambling.

I preferred your previous user name btw.

wow muppet, you've really outdone yourself this time..............

Yez are hardly in any position to gloat over utd losing now are ya.

I dont see anything wrong with smermons post , why are some people whinging about it.

Originally posted by mike65
    I have only ever put one member on my IGNORE list and guess who it is....

Mike.
    just out ouf curiosity what is the ignore list for?

What a player, the last I heard of him he was up for benefit fraud. Remember him at left back in one of the european comps back when we could only play 4 non English players which cost utd a few european titles IMO.

World Class Indeed:D

Of course the Arsenal supporters would not do anything like that, have a look at the come on you gers thread , see if you see any
    Arsenal Fans posting. Yez got what yez always get in europe last night, a good beating.

crystal palace fa cup replay top corner!!!! :D

• Advertisement

Your rambling.

I preferred your previous user name btw.

Yez are hardly in any position to gloat over utd losing now are ya.

I dont see anything wrong with smermons post , why are some people whinging about it.
    I don't know about the others, but my posts have mainly been in reference to the retarded "HAHHAHAHHAH" posts.

I'm not rambling. if you think thats rambling, then i dont think you have the capacity for rational argument.

Your rambling.

it was started by a man utd suppoeter for the purpose of gloating over a defeat thats whats wrong with it

as i said before get your green head out of your ass!!

cause u continously spam other people's threads with your nonesense and dribble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

and u expected me to stay quiet when our arch rivals lost and are basically out of europe??

arsenal going out in the group stages would be a major shock and i wasnt gloating over their defeat, just pointing out theyve a long way to go and havnt learned anything from last season.

i like arsenal and their style of play, when its legal. i started the thread because noone else did, sure i was happy as most utd fans would be. once again people try to kill any rivalry in football. if it werent for rivalry these boards would be very quiet, it gets boring with your own fans agreeing with u all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Sorry to drag things off-topic (with a point related to the thread title) but the second Kiev goal brings up a question I've been meaning to ask which is why do defending players never slide in on goal anymore to try and block a ball thats rolling into the net from a diagonal shot on an open goal?

You see I was watching a tape of 'goals from the 80's' and I noticed that whenever an open goal presented itself the last defener would at least try to block the shot by sliding over/across the goalline to stop the ball.

Classic example, Toure could have tried this sliding manouver after Lehmann made his awful mistake but he seemed to just give up and stand there as soon as the Kiev player Belkevich lined himself up for the shot.

Fair enough 9/10 times sliding in on goal might have made no difference but it seems in the modern game (compared to 10-20 years ago perhaps?) that players are less willing to commit their bodies in order to stop a goalscoring opportunity of the kind I mention.

Is it just a case of them being more injury concious than players of yesteryear or do they just reckon it's not even worth the effort?

//

BTW, Arsenals performance was TERRIBLE on the night. Despite what ITV might have said they didn't in anyway deserve anything out of the game. All they were was lots of pretty short passing that came to nothing as soon as the ball was 30yards or less from the Kiev goal. Arsenal (for me anyway) only really started looking dangerous after they went 2-0 and Kiev dropped off anyway inviting them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Is it just a case of them being more injury concious than players of yesteryear or do they just reckon it's not even worth the effort?
    I think they have all seen the replay of Babb :p

Advertisement