Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Captain Morgan's

• 22-10-2003 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anybody know if you can buy this drink anywhere in Ireland, or order it off the net? It's a Puerto Rican spiced rum, which I used to drink all the time in the US. Mixed with ginger ale-it's just the nicest drink ever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

you should be able to buy it in most off licences surely?...i've seen it for sale in many bars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've seen it on sale in quite a few offlicences (including the one across the road from me). Lots of bars too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

While Capt Morgans is available here, the spiced version isn't.

Or not 3 years ago when my 1st cousin from the states spent 9 months trying to find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

The only place I've seen it for sale is in Scotland....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cohiba

Both Captain Morgan's, and Morgan's Spiced are both available in Ireland. They are imported and distributed by Gilbey's/Diageo, and are widely available in pubs and bigger off-licences.
    Morgan's Spiced, ginger ale, and a wedge of lime... mmmmm..:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Boy Gorgeous

Yeah, I just saw it there in one of the bigger off-licenses around. €39 for a litre bottle - pretty steep but worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Not only do I stand corrected - I can tell you a pub that has it behind the bar.

Bachus (aka Fibbers) on Parnell St - if you don't mind the 'ambience'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Fine Wines in Limerick (corner of Roches Street and Catherine Street) has Morgans Spiced for 24.99. I don't know if it's a 1L bottle or 750ml but it looks like your standard big bottle.

Advertisement