Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Clientele plus Cabrini Green

Options
  • 22-10-2003 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

the Clientele
    & special guests
    Cabrini Green

play a once off show in the Temple Bar Music Centre on Saturday the 25th of October 2003
    doors: 7.30pm
    tickets: €13 from road records , sound cellar and the central ticket bureau

for mp 3's

http://www.pointyrecords.co.uk/shop/clientele.htm

the Clientele:

The Clientele are a three piece who formed in Hampshire in 1997, initially through a love of the strange production found on records by Joy Division, The West Coast Pop Art Experimental Band, Cardinal or Felt. Later the influence of 70s AM radio songwriters like Jimmy Webb or Willie Nelson made itself clear, along with a dual interest in minimalist arrangements and jazz chords and rhythms. They have been described as sounding as if they are beaming in from a long-wave radio on a late lonely night.
    Following a move to London in 1998, The Clientele set about releasing 7-inch singles through different labels in UK, Spain, Japan and USA, and then compiled these to produce the eloquent, soft-focus beauty of their debut album "Suburban Light" released on Pointy Records in November 2000 and later licensed to Merge Records for release in USA.

In USA the band toured extensively (selling out venues such as Knitting Factory in New York) and enjoyed rave reviews (described by Time Out New York as "one of pop music's best kept secrets.")

Their new album "The Violet Hour" was recorded through the summer and autumn of 2002 and has just been released this year.

"surely one of the most magical pop albums of 2003"
    4/5 Uncut

"Londoners' hazy debut of tripped-out, folk perfection"
    8/10 NME

"spaced out hypnotic loveliness"
    NME

"all the bleary-eyed beauty of a lazy Sunday morning"
    Mojo

Click here for Cabrini Green web-site

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Cabrini Green are quite good. i saw them support Polar a few months back.. i'd go and see them agian if i had any money to my name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

Should be good. Only found out last week that Cabrini Green is a place in Chicago. And that it's where Terry Callier is from. More greatness for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Rusty Rhythm

Check out the movie 'Candyman', with soundtrack by Philip Glass....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

the cabrini green boys are excellent... and quite looking forward to seeing the clientele...gonna be a smashin night

Advertisement