Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Networkin site

Options
  • 22-10-2003 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

I'm trying to find a site on the following terms, which explains things in a simple fashion.

Periodic signal
    Sine wave
    Harmonic
    Amplitude and frequency
    Phase
    Wavelength
    Fourier
    Bandwidth
    Attenuation
    Noise : interference caused by things such as weather
    Am
    Pm
    Fm

I tried searching for explanations on google and ask.com but none of the websites returned to me gave me the info I want which is a brief explanation of each term.

Thanks
    Kate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

you might want to try searching on www.howstuffworks.com might not get you exactly what you want but it should get you going in the right direction hopefully.

good luck.

have you tried the old fashioned way? i.e. grabbing some books in your local library? i know we've all kinda got used to the net being our main port of call, but you can still find lots of interesting and useful stuff in a half decent library.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

or whatis.com ..?

Zab

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

Go find a copy of Computer Networks by Tannenbaum:

http://authors.phptr.com/tanenbaumcn4/

Have a look at the detailed index on that page, he seems to cover most of what you are after. Added to that, it's a great book on all parts of networking, and if I'd bothered to read any of it I'd have done a lot better that 41% in my stupid exam!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Look for Electronic Engineering notes online.
    http://www.ee.nuigalway.ie/subjects :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dilbert_ie

CCNA 1 ver 3 covers all of the concepts you mentioned.

A text book for that module should help you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement