Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning DVD

• 22-10-2003 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi folks hope someone can help me. I have tried burning a DVD onto my hard drive for the first time. I'm using an NEC 1100 DVD burner, the problem is the copy will not play from my hard drive.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

When you say burn do you actually mean rip and decrypt the .VOB files? Are we allowed to talk about this sort of thingin here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

/me pulls up a chair & waits for cr3m0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭joc_06

Course we can talk about anything related to anything as long as you legally own the dvd in question and are not reproducing it for sale. There ahve been many court battles on this - most notably dvdxcopy's

firstly U can't BURN anything to your hard drive unless u take a blow torch to it ;)

What i guess u mean is u ripped ur dvd to your hdd.

All you have to do is get powerdvd 5 deluxe (the best) but any player will do. Click on file mode while in the player, click open and navigate to your vob files. select em all and play. Simple- you jus cant access the menu feature's with your mouse or whatever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 melbin01

Cheers guys, not to worry about the legalities, it is my own DVD recorder and yes I am trying to copy some movies for my own use. I have managed to copy from the DVD to the hard disk, the problem is that when I try to read the copied version the video and sound quality is very poor. Maybe i need some specilised software.

• Advertisement
Advertisement