Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C'mon you 'Gers!

• 22-10-2003 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭

I've got a sneaking feeling they're going to nick it tonight - might even have a few quid on them. I'd say Keane will be in for a rough ride from the home support too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Unlikely it may be, but I hope Rangers stuff Man U, hell a one goal win will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Well Paddypower are only offering 3-1 for a Rangers win - a bit stingy I think, so I'll probably give it a miss. I still think they'll win though - these kind of games always seem to mean more to the Old Firm teams than their Premiership counterparts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Not A hope Utd have no much quality and experience to lose to a team that could only draw 1-1 with motherwell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by super_furry
    I'd say Keane will be in for a rough ride from the home support too.
    Since Keane doesn't play for ireland anymore i think O'Shea will be given a harder time. It also looks like he will be starting as the left back in the last two games, Fortune, is injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭BigDaddyKone

i have to say as a hun hater, this will be the first time I will be cheering for them....

Go on the Bluenose c***s!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone know the lyrics to knee deep in fenian blood?

• Advertisement

Well let's get into the spirit of things. If Rangers win, we can all dress up in bowler hats and march up and down outside the old Man United Superstore! Who's with me? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭IgnatiusJRiley

Well let's get into the spirit of things. If Rangers win, we can all dress up in bowler hats and march up and down outside the old Man United Superstore! Who's with me? :)

Is the superstore not closed?

Yeah, but it's our traditional route! It doesn't matter if it's closed or not now, we've marched there for generations and the fact that there's a nightclub there now does not diminish our right to march our traditional route!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I'll be neutral. Probably slightly in favour of Rangers because they are the underdogs. Wouldn't mind if United won though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Yeah, but it's our traditional route! It doesn't matter if it's closed or not now, we've marched there for generations and the fact that there's a nightclub there now does not diminish our right to march our traditional route!

LOL. :D

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Sposs
    Not A hope Utd have no much quality and experience to lose to a team that could only draw 1-1 with motherwell :)
    You better hope they play better than against Stuttgart (didnt Rangers beat them? :)) or you'll look quite the fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Champion Sports is now the "official Man United store" for Ireland.

March up and down outside that to your hearts content.

Personally I don't care who wins in this match as long as it's a fair and entertaining game of FOOTBALL (and nothing more) (i.e.: no more of the stupid brawling or "bringing the game into disrepute" that we're getting used to this season)...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

You can sing along to such ibrox favorite lyrics as :

"hung the Pope with an orange rope"
    and
    "Could you go a Chicken Supper, Bobby Sands?"

followed by a heart-felt rendition of every true bears favorite:

"Hello, hello, we are the Billy Boys
    Hello, hello, you'll know us by our noise
    We're up to our necks in Fenian blood
    Surrender or you'll die
    'Cos we are the Bridgestown Boys"

Tonight I shall be cheering for the lesser of 2 evils! UTD all the way!

P.S. unfortunitly all 'gers fans don't look like this...
    ulsterloyalistjenny.jpg

I think I'll watch the Duffer skin the Lazio defence to death instead!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

I'd say Keane will be in for a rough ride from the home support too.

I doubt very much Keane or United will be fazed by the athmosphere. Been there, done that. And faced better opposition. Huns were lucky to beat Stuttgart with two late goals.

IMO United to win by a couple of goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

you'd be a fool to bet against manutd, their about the only consistent team in the champions league up to the quarter-finals.

rangers are lost without amoruso and ferguson, theyve been playing extremely above themselves recently and a draw at the weekend with motherwell i think was a better indication of how good they are. no leadership or solidarity at the back and a very dodgy attack and midfield.

they've a good manager in mc kleish but lack consistency all over the pitch. klos is about their only consistent player. i would not be surprised at all if utd hammer them tonight but with all the 'battle of britain' hype and so on and the game being at ibrox, it should be tight and i predict a 2-1 utd win. whatever about stuttgart, i cannot see utd losing this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by Depeche_Mode
    P.S. unfortunitly all 'gers fans don't look like this...
    ulsterloyalistjenny.jpg

"Biggotry now comes in Boots"

Id say UTD should be good for a comfortable 2-0 win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

As much as people want Rangers to win I don't see it happening TBH. My predicted score is 3-1 to Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Well Rangers deserved to win that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

ive nothing really against rangers apart from some of the taunts made by a minority of their fans. But im a part time man u fan so im glad they won.

Keane was dynamite it was his best performance in a long time. Scholes was very good too. O`shea didnt do too much wrong but the tackle he made on lovenkrands in the first half was unprofessional. Fortune was a bit flaky in the first half but he managed to regain some credibility. Ferdinand was able to obliterate the memory of his dire performance against stuttgart. Van nistelrooy was not up to his usual best. he wasted 2 or 3 good chances but when tracking back his workmanship was good.

• Advertisement

rangers didnt deserve to win, utd worked hard and should have had the most clear cut penalty you'll ever see, ever.

utd were fantastic the opening 10mins of the 2nd half, thats how football should be played, high- tempo, movement, tracking back, passing, overlapping- everything.

i think that performance from united had everything. wasnt all attacking flair stuff were used to, midfield was stong and defense even stronger. howard was solid as usual, looks a class keeper.

lovenkrads was the only real threat to utd but even he didnt have his shooting boots on. and who'd have thought it, phil neville running 40 yards, playing a 1-2, riding a sliding challenge and slotting it in the bottom corner. :eek:

that silenced the crowd which was pretty important, utd looked a bit nervy early on, g. neville didnt have the best of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Man u used all their experience to do exactly what was needed.

2 banks of 4, the midfield protecting the defence and Rangers never really got behind man u. (tho when they did they looked dangerous)

Ruud didn't really play well tonight missing a good chance or two and Giggs had spells where he fecked up (liek that 2 on 1 counter attack which he gave right to their 1 player )

Don't think rangers deserved to win it at all tho were unlucky not to come away witha point. man u always looked in 2nd gear to me.

Most blatent penalty ever tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Oh yer all very quiet up the top !
    Oh yer all very quiet ..
    all very quiet ..
    Oh yer all very quiet up the top !!! :D

Great work rate from the ManU defense tonight I thought, Giggs and Scholes were always threatening and what about Neville .... ?

No doubt Giggs got a smack in the gob from Keano for telling him to F**k Off (yup I can lip read !) after he got a bollocking.

The Scholes tackle in the box was a peno for sure, I wonder how much of a rep No. 7 has given united, did that effect the refs decision.

Great result . . now I think we owe Stutters a right royal thumpin' . . bring em on !

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by tinky
    Great result . . now I think we owe Stutters a right royal thumpin' . . bring em on !

best not to get carried away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Utd were terrible for most of last night's match - they played well for about ten minutes at the start of the 2nd half, and that was it.

Giggs had one of his worst games ever - he might as well not have bothered turning up.

As for Neville's goal, good for curiousity value, but if any of the Rangers players had actually bothered putting in a tackle he would never have made it.

United will have to start playing a lot better if they have any intention of winning the Champion's League this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Utd were terrible for most of last night's match - they played well for about ten minutes at the start of the 2nd half, and that was it.

Giggs had one of his worst games ever - he might as well not have bothered turning up.

As for Neville's goal, good for curiousity value, but if any of the Rangers players had actually bothered putting in a tackle he would never have made it.

United will have to start playing a lot better if they have any intention of winning the Champion's League this year.

Agreed but rangers were awful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Posted by Tinky

:D

Funny and True

I thought it was a good game. The atosphere was something else. well for the first few minutes until that wonderful P Neville scored a wonder goal and appareently some people dont rate him at all ;) . Rangers had a few good chances but for Howards who mad at least 2 world class saves, No wonder he was recently voted the best keeper in the prem on a poll here:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Anyone who has seen rangers this season will know that they do not possess a cutting edge up front.

When faced with 8 or 9 defenders they will always struggle to break down teams. Especially better teams in Europe.

United were comfortable for almost the entire game. rangers only threatened from corners and once when lovenkrands turned Gary Neville. The better team won and will win again in two weeks.

Plus that was a definite peno on Scholes at the end.

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson

its great to be able to say we played terrible and still won! utd havent been in form alright though, ruud especially, he's been quiet the last 5games or so. although keeping pace at the top of the league and champs league means we've a great chance in both competitions.

utd always play their best football after christmas. as for rangers, and celtic for that matter, they survive on the home crowd, losing at home to celtic and now manu will be a massive blow to them. i can see rangers beeing hammered at old trafford, purely because they'll have little support. if they concede another early goal at old trafford they'll be in for a rough night.

giggs i thought played well, better than usual. he gave the ball away a few times towards the end which was frustrating but he did look for and get the ball and skint a few rangers players. one of his better game i thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chingchong

It must be terrible to be a B***ARD HUN.

Originally posted by chingchong
    Nice first post, lol. This must be an exsisting member of boards.ie as this topic was dragged back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by chingchong

way to get banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

I wonder why this was dragged back up ??

Who's playing in the champion's league this week anyway ??

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    I wonder why this was dragged back up ??

Who's playing in the champion's league this week anyway ??
    If that is a reply to my post I meant that this new member would have had to go to page two of the soccer forum to find this thread and I really doubt he did unless he knew the thread was there. So he must already be a member of boards.ie with a different username unless he decided to search a lot of forums for Rangers threads to slag them off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

The way some people act on these boards, I would not put it past them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

Doh, maybe I should think before I post.

NO BIGOTRY WILL BE TOLERATED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

G'Wan you reds... G'Wan you reds..
    United untz untz untz.. United untz untz untz...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Well Paddypower are only offering 3-1 for a Rangers win -

id love to back that but id never be let into my local again if they heard i was backing the blue noses....aaahhh but i need a few quidsers....ah well i guess il just rumage thru the bins again!!

Advertisement