Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Max Payne 2 mini review

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    U can buy stuff for squids now? what if u wanted to buy a squid? Im confused!
    /me takes sum anti-depressants

Ahhhhh there.... we... go.

Yea, Squids are a form of currency used mostly by fishermen, but someone not in the trade could hardly be expected to know that.
    But dont worry!! as a civialian you can always use the well repected currency of Chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

Originally posted by PiE
    I like the game so far, but I've a horrible feeling I'm nearly finished after playing it for just ~3 hours yersterday :/

After 3 hours i thought the game was coming to an end but after about 12 hours its still going strong and the story line gets even better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by shinzon
    i got it in gamesworld for 40 squids

shin

been playin it all day, lovely game, visuals are awesome, when he reloads in bullet time :)

to shinzon, download a crack and return the game dude

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

whyd i want to do that, sorry squids is waterford expression for mollah, greenbacks, money etc.

most excellent game i have to say

although most of my time is spent on flight sim 2004 these days, i didnt think id enjoy it as mush as i am doing, nothing like flying around new york in a helicopter, or buzzing the statue of liberty lol, what the best thing is, i have everything turned up ultra high with no slowdown at all.

ive already bought an expansion pack called helicopter operations, which adds more scenery and helos of course

shin

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Originally posted by shinzon
    whyd i want to do that, sorry squids is waterford expression for mollah, greenbacks, money etc.

whyd u wanna do that ?, cause then ud have ur squids and the game dude, burn and return !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    A line created by praetorian for the sole purpose of annoting me :D Maybe you could comment if you actually played an Jap RPG.

Anyway the game is basically the same as the first one with different levels. If you liked the first one you will like this. If you hated it, like I did, Then you will hate this as well. Bit of a love-hate game.

I played FFVII (ok I didn't finish it). It really was quite disappointing.

You should actually play MP2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

All of half an hours worth. You didn't even get to the second reactor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

started playing it yesterday@ 6pm, was still playing it at mid-night. I've most of it completed but i must say tis a quality game, quite a bit better than the first, bullet time is much improved and i'd say the re-playability has improved alot for me aswell. Good ole deagle headshots on 3 guy's doing a shoot dodge infront of them, nuffin like it

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭xzodia

just had a look around for this game and symths are selling it for 38 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh the replayability is good

the way you can select a chapter and go back through certain parts without having a save at that point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I played FFVII (ok I didn't finish it). It really was quite disappointing.

You gotta play FFVII for at LEAST 5 hours to really enjoy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I was lookin for somethin to make my Radeon 9800pro stretch its legs and MP2 does it admirably :D Got it for 39.99 in Gamesworld/Gamestop.
    I particularly liked the part in the police station,
    where the girl is talking to a cop at the reception desk, saying "My boyfried threatened to kill me, and he plays videogames all day long, so hes a really good shot!" and the cop says to max, "See, guns dont kill people, videogames kill people" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I got this on saturday in gamesworld kilkenny. I love it, but then I loved the original max payne too. I'd be playing it now if I didn't have some work due in soon in college!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just got it there in Gamesworld (11 quid cheaper than the rip-off whores at Game!) and enjoying what I've played so far. It preetttty. The uber-Matrix shots, when you kill a number of bad guys, are deadly. Mmmmmmmm... so prettty....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Just finished MP2 now, it seems a lot shorter than the first one, I didnt consider it value for money

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭BANZAI_RUNNER

yeah i agree with you , it was very short, and i found it a little too easy , but i guess when i try the hatder levels i might have a different opinion.
    But top marks to the designers, way cool graphics / audio :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

this game deserves title of the coolest game of 2003.

pure class. bullet time has been refined to perfection.

only noticed the different levels of BT after playing for hours.

Construction Level is very very good.

can be a bitch when you get completely wrapped up in the game and forget to save and realise just how far you did actually go!
    nice to be able to play as Mona :D.

and nice to see those ****ing dreams changed to something decent!

Dialog is brillaint
    Waking up from teh Aerican Dream: run out the door in the ward, knock down the cop...run upstairs and he's like "...you stupid fúck" :D

runs brilliant even on a mobility 9000.

10/10

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

this game deserves title of the coolest game of 2003.

Methinks you haven't played viewtiful joe yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

thats true Retro :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Finished it there today. Was a little disgusted at how short and how dissapointing the ending is, but was a sweet little slice of gaming ackshun. I hate the cheesy comic book way of telling the story though, which was depressingly ****e by the way. Bullet time owns though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Captain Trips

EB/Game on Dawson Street are selling MP2 for e29.99, which makes it pretty much an impulse purchase. I hesitated at 50, but for 30 quid you can do no wrong. Game is great; makes you wish they did a Matrix game the bullet-time is so slick (like the way it goes black and white with the right-mouse-click). Very stylised game, great to play.

Advertisement