Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tutorial for Oracle 9i/SQL+ ??

Options
  • 22-10-2003 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi.

Ive recently been given a college project that requires using Oracle 9i/SQL+ .

May seem a simple task to a lot of people, but unfortunately ive never used it before, and only have some basic experience of SQL itself.

So im looking for a decent tutorial on Oracle 9i/SQL+ ??

Ive tried Google-ing it and all I get are instruction manuals, and courses you have to pay for-which is not an option being a student!

The project is basicly web-page access to an Object Relational DataBase, so any good links on Java-DB interaction would be great too.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Bren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

I assume you mean PL/SQL? I think SQL Plus is an Oracle tool. If all you are doing is simple SQL then look for a sql tutorial, for the most part most big database products adhere to the SQL standards. For Oracle specfic PL/SQL such as you would need for packages and stored procedures then a book or the free downloadable help files from Oracle should work fine.

As for Java DB interaction thats a Java issue and not a database issue. How you run sql statements or execute stored procedures from a development platform is contained within the development platforms documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

http://www.bris.ac.uk/is/selfhelp/documentation/ora-t1/ora-t1.doc

dunno how "decent" it is... cannae be bothered reading at this time:) being a student,you should have a library.. ;) they do exist! at least, i've been told so.

Advertisement