Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

manually assigning IRQs in Win2kPro SP4?

Options
  • 22-10-2003 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

Can this be done?
    I've already tried manually setting the PCI slots to desired IRQs.
    That worked at the POST screen. Windows just shifted everything back onot the one IRQ i'd set for the SCSI card. Doesn't like being guided at all.
    As a result, all my expansion cards are on the one IRQ and whenever I adjust the settings of my network adapter (3Com 905cTX-M) it hangs the machine to the point where the screen goes baclk and it reboots itself, sometimes requiring a full cold boot to get it back on it's feet (including unpluging the kettle-lead).
    That said, the changes usually take effect after reboot, but that is far from ideal.

Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

It's very difficult to get windows to assign specific IRQs. The problem more than likely is windows is changing the IRQs to what it wants becuase your PC is set up for ACPI. Check it in Device Manager / Computer. You could try updating this driver to STANDARD PC. Then hopefully windows will keep your BIOS settings instead of inventing it's own...

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

You need to do some voodoo in the BIOS , even then it is quite difficult. After the BIOS is set you try manual settings on a per device basis in the Device Manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

yeah, I've never really liked that ACPI stuff.

When I disable it Windows will have to reinstall the motherboard/or BIOS.
    Pain in the arse.

Advertisement