Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muppet of the month

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hey Mobius, for some reason your page crashes my machine. Remove whatever junk you put on it recently. There's a good chap. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

When does it crash, cuz it's only html and a bit of JS when you vote. Have you checked that your computer is plugged in properly?
    hmmm... ok, did you pour water through the little hole on the front?
    I know, it must be that AVI file, check your codec's, see if you have an mpeg4 codec in there.
    Bah, Just use IE5 and you'll be grand!

Get muppited at:
    http://drive.to/mobius

No when I connect to the page, first I Get tons of popups trying to sell me sh*t then the machine freezes. I don't know if it's your page or the redirector or geocities.

Anyway I'm a mac user now, so I don't have IE5 tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 17-08-99).]

OMFG,
    Just found out that I can't run CGI scripts for free, so I can't do the results page (Fuhck) so I'll have to move the site!
    Anyone know a good hosting service?

Get muppited at:

• Advertisement

!!!Ok, the Votes are in!!!
    The muppet of the month is Daa (of course..)
    Second Place: Nikita
    and the following nominee's were diqualified for spammy votes in their favour:
    CasterTroy
    DeVore
    ButcherOfNogThe polls will be closed until I move my page to a server with full CGI support.
    Any suggestions?

Get muppited at:
    drive.to/mobius

[This message has been edited by mobius (edited 20-08-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Nikita? Second? hahahhaha take it Jimmy smile.gif
    I knew a tcd muppet would pull a surprise finishing, smile.gif
    Quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Bah if castor was voted in he should be the muppet....maybe loads of ppl voted for him how do you know it was spam? O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Bullet

I am en-fuking-raged baby!

Why the fuk aren't I on the muppet list????

Include me and abuse me baby!!!!!

Maybe he should post the vote results here. Don't know why u's would vote for daa, as he would proberly acknowledge this as a good thing redface.gif He is the Anti-Muppet.

• Advertisement

Ì know it was spam because:
    When a vote is made, geocities sends me the vote in an email along with the voters' IP address, and when you get 30 votes from the same IP, all voting for CasterTroy` it makes you think... "hmmm is that realy fair?"
    Eeeem NO.
    `The polls are offline for renovations.
    So muppets can't spam-vote.

And Bullet, I can't be expected to remember every single IE player, I only picked the regulars at indigo ca, the ign boards, and the Players database.

I'll add you to the list once polls re-open, k?

Get muppited at:
    drive.to/mobius

[This message has been edited by mobius (edited 18-08-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mobius - I'm sure I can lash up some kind of automated voting system in perl for you when I get a chance.... Can prolly sort hosting as well. Just a thought, though.... make people register to vote. Don't show who voted for who, but make sure people can only vote once every polling session... smile.gif

Ja,
    Rob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'm honoured that someone would vote 30 times for me in one go. oh wait, to sit there selecting my name 30 times and pressing send, that's actually pretty sad isn't it smile.gif

Kegser, you're a dead man smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

LOL

Ven(vote for Castor,u no it makes sense)om

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I think Daa should be disqualified as otherwise he'd win every month, so instead lets give the award to nikita, its only fair, and I know he'd appreciate it wink.gif
    Quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 goodboy

thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

rofl, which **** in the clan voted me in? smile.gif

Hmmm I've applied for hosting at gibbworld.com, I'll see if they are any better, but if you can get me a host without those add's It'd be cool.
    Oh, did anyone send me any weird mail recently? I got a mail with a return address at user.blanchardstownlibrary.ie, what the hell was it supposed to be? All I got was garbage.

Get muppited at:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

gibworld will have a banner on the top of each page but its not for business's. Its a banner for all the other people that are hosted. And you get lots of space smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

LOL, devon got spam voted .. i wonder who done that

... nah it wasn't me actually !

• Advertisement

well whoever it was should have voted for himself as he is the king of all muppets.
    The site has moved btw, those nasty add's will bother you no more! And the polls will re-open once I sort out this cgi/perl B0110X.

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Wow, I hadn't checked back here to see if anyone was correcting my spelling! ....EgoManiac.

I have to avoid to Paramount studio lawyers suing me for copyright infringment somhow now, don't I?

No seriously...

The reason I have Lucutus as a nickname is simple, when I started on the Undernet, with IRC, I wanted to use the nick 'Locutus', but, if any of you were around the undernet 4 years ago, and ever tried to use the nick 'Locutus', you will know that it was already taken. It was taken by a bot who was online 24 hours a day, on some gay channel.

So I changed the spelling to suit myself, and 'Lucutus' it became, *shrug*.

...ad for learning to spell, I think I do quite well in that department, and kneeling? ...only when your mother wants it hot, sexy, and in the back door EgoManiac.

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭EgoManiac

That was the imposter EgoManiac pleb.
    *I* have no interest in such petty matters as incorrect splelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Ah, alright so... sunglasses.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭JaneyMackers

I didn't vote for Castor Troy. Nope honest i didn't.
    Certainly didn't spamm vote thats just time wasting.

As for Butcher of Nog. Quilty as charged smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

actually ste a few other ppl spam voted for him too smile.gif

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Quilty?
    Benji, I'll proof-read everything if you like?

Advertisement