Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Lazio

• 22-10-2003 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

A vital win for CFC, lost tonight and there would have been a mountain to climb the players showed great character and determination Veron was excellent as was Mutu who worked his socks off Lamps I thought had a quiet game but cud have got a brace the shot that came off the bar in the first half anyone see Gallas hobbling for the last 15 mins? he still stayed on. The hunger was there today.
    Carlo made 2 good saves especially the second one from the header.
    Conceding a goal on a set piece yet again was my one gripe.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Duff also had a stormer he tore them apart popping up left right and centre.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

Yep, great Chelsea performance - Veron was very good, though he did fade in second half (still not fully match fit) - I thought Lampard and Terry had solid games but Duff and Mutu were excellent - the amount of running they both did was phenominal.A very good win - Ranieri would have been slaughtered if we had lost it. Still, we're in a great position to go into the knockout stages. I did notice Gallas limping but we'll have to wait and see. They were slack for the goal but my main gripe was the ref - what did Lazio have to do to get a man sent off (their defender, can't remember his name, got an early yellow card, and yet had 3 or 4 other fouls, and continuosly mouthed at the ref, not to mention the 2 raised hands incidents).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Great Performance from chelski to come back from 1 down against Lazio and get the win. Good performances all round, Dufff play well but he didn't look too happy to be subbed again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

veron was excellent for the first half hour , best I've seen him play for us thus far. Eidur seemed completely lost and a bit too slow on the uptake i thought. Duff was outstanding in his ability to skip past players and get in position for a cross , but i wonder , particulalry when he's in the centre whether he could play the ball thru earlier rather than wait to be surrounded by defenders?

BEst I've seen Makele play for us also, hadn't realised he's only like 3 foot tall :-)

Great result for chelsea, top of the group, bring em on ! Hope Notts County were watching !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Lampard was very quiet for the whole match but once he scores a goal the papers are saying he was man of the match. IMO Duff had the best game of the lot and he must have had most of the possession out of all the players. The Article in the Sun is so biased towards Lamps:
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2003490894,,00.html

They gave weird ratings:

Cudicini 7, Johnson 5, Gallas 5, Terry 7, Bridge 6, Lampard 8, Makelele 6, Veron 6 (Gronkjaer 7), Duff 6 (Geremi 5), Gudjohnsen 5, Mutu 7 (Cole 5).

That was the best performance I've seen by Chelsea all season and the ratings make it look like they were the worst side. Johnson had a good game and they gave him a 5. You would have to have a bad game to get a 5 and neither Gallas, Eider, Cole or Geremi had a bad game. Also, veron, duff and maka all had great games and they get a 6. Lamps scores a great goal and he gets a bloody 8. That Shaun Custis fella deserves to be sacked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Can't stand Shaun Custis I've seen him on Jimmy Hills Sunday Supplement. when Lamps used to have a quiet game he'd fade out now but despite an all round quiet game by Frank the boy scored a cracker and I don't mean the lassie.:) and that will do dandy for me but I would have give Frank a 7 not an 8 if he scored that goal in the first half it would have been justified
    Glen Johnson was so composed for one so young but will have to improve his positional sense at fault for the goal tries to do too much at times.
    Claude is so small but he really does cover ground at one stage he was in a left wing pos.
    Eidur was way off the pace but a good cut back to Frank's goal.
    Gallas was playing with one leg in the second half
    I would have given Terry an 8.

Advertisement