Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband effected by the weather

Options
  • 22-10-2003 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

is anyone else having serious trouble with their connections at the moment? or is it just me and/or Leap?

been down since this morning, all day i think (down when i got up, still down when i got back from work and still down now).

im on Leap, 1mb.

anyone else having similar trouble?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

well wireless is generally accepted as being effected by bad weather, its just the way the technology is afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Im open to correction on this, but ive heard that one of leaps antenna got a direct hit of lightning last night. That could have put it out of action until they can repair/replace the equipment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

While the signal will be affected by bad weather, the effect should usually be minimal, and assuming a good installation you should not even notice the service slowing down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I think the 3-Rock t/x was struck by lightning. Their n/w is microwave based so should withstand the rainfall, but during an electrical storm anything can happen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Does anyone know whether this was fixed, and leap is back online from 3rd rock?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

still down here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

One of the Leap guys is a member here - rardagh - perhaps PM him?

Advertisement