Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Series 60 Handset: Sendo X

Options
  • 22-10-2003 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Sendo have announced their Series 60 based Smartphone, Sendo X.
    http://www.sendo.com/sendo/products/X.htm

Some nice specs - like the SD card mentioned as memory expansion... funny this time last year I was having a play with thier soon to be released MS Smartphone 2002 based handset...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You have probably posted this already but when is this phone coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

when it launched they said they hoped before the end of '03, but after that they later posted this on their site:

"The Sendo X phone has not yet received CE approval and has not yet been authorised as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This product is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, unless and until authorisation is obtained. Other validations and approval are also still pending."

so no definate date I've seen as yet... as with any of these devices you know it's shipping when units begin to appear on eBay, and the likes of expansys offer initial shipment at highly inflated prices...

best places to keep an eye on would be www.allaboutsymbian.com and www.my-symbain.com, and of course sendo's site for any news...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Colly

Has anyone every bought a phone frm the UK and if so is there any issues with making it work in Ireland.

I was keen to get a 6600 but whenever I asked Vodafone when are they going to be selling it they either tell me it will be late into the yr as they are testing, which to me sounds like the run around and 550 euro sim free is steep.

Now that I have seen the Sendo X my direction is changing from nokia 6600 to sendo as I was looking for a change and nokia do a good job but I feel are highly priced.

So all I need to know now is would there be any compatibility or issues that I wouldnt know about till I buy a phone from the UK (as it would be cheaper and is released an awful lot sooner than Ireland)

Cheers Colly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

I was pondering the same things about 8 or 9 months ago when I couldn't wait to get my hands on the 3650 and it seemed like the Irish operators were never going to get around to releasing it. So I finally bit the bullet and got a T-Mobile badged one from a friend in the USA.

Previously I had a Ready-2-Go Ericsson 768 and was able to use the same number, although I did change to a pay monthly option on Vodafone. I did have to call support once or twice to get the HSCSD sorted out but other than that I've had no problems and I like the fact that there are no gimmicky Vodafone customisations on my phone :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Jim
    http://mmsmemo.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was looking for a release date for the Sendo X this morning, and found this link:

http://www.celluloco.com/products/customer/product.php?productid=143

Its out on the 17th January, and costs $999.... :eek:

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Sendo said they have started to ship the Sendo X Smartphone to certain markets after a couple of delays that pushed out the shipping date...

It is a Series 60 handset, and they have bundled a lot apps into the system and provided their own 'style' to the interface... it was a bit chunky (thicker) close up though...

sendo_x_front_devices.ie_cebit04.jpgsendo_x_side_devices.ie_cebit04.jpg

Liked the hot-swappable memory card slot that can take SD cards (and 'normal' sides MMC cards), they have also produced some accessories including a neat clip-on keyboard...

sendo_x_keyboard_devices.ie_cebit04.jpg

Although the 7610 which is also shipping, and the recent Nokia Series 60 announcements may steal the X's thunder for some who have been waiting for it to arrive...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

At last!

I was going to buy one of these back in January when if was initially going to be released. It was ahead of its time then but now it is only so-so, I guess we will just have to see what the price ends up at!

Here is a review of the release version

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/reviews/review2.php?id=105

looks well nice, hopefully the price will not be too extortionate!

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

anybody found a sim free version for sale yet

Well here is one place that is selling it http://shop.vendio.com/dneumeyer/item/686045053/index.html?s=1088676376
    but it is only being launched in a few european countries to start, the rest of Europe will be later on in the summer some time.

• Advertisement

Were is that company based and anybody used them

looks like some sort of an ebay merchant type affair, can't find anything on the web about them. I'm wait until expansys or one of those guys gets the phone... or www.pixmania.com are also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,956 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Been looking to get a new phone and i want to get one with the best specs i can. However, i am a poor student (well not quite) and don't want to spend a fortune on it.

The phones i have had my eye on are the Sony Ericsson S700i, the Samsung D500 but both are a little more then i want to spend. Came across the sendo x which looks BRILLIANT. anyone know anything about it?

here is a link which makes it look very good for value: Sendo X

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Akula

thats a very good deal considering the memory card alone is worth about 80 euros. Would be very tempted myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I just ordered one of these babies!! I can't wait till it comes!
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭dshakey

where did you order yous from.. thinking myself of purchasing one..

I got mine from expansys with the 1gig card - Tauren has the link in his post..I was browsing on expansys yesterday and it caught my eye...i have a 7250i at the moment and wanted a change..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

Yeah its a good phone a bit bulky do looked at it last month but it was 299 euro with expansys and no card so decided for the SX1 instead.

Its a good price but bear in mind the X2 is already out and this phone is coming to the end of its lifespan.

Nooooooooo!! Phil don't say that!! I've just made up a post-it-note rectangle(i'm in work) with the dimensions of the phone and i'm happy with it!! :D

hi, just to mention the Sendo X2 is announced but not released (slated for the summer at some stage), keeping in mind the X was slated months before it actually started to ship, so the X2 may suffer from an over optimistic schedule or Sendo might be more realistic with the schedule this time... time will tell...

the X is a little thicker than one might expect, but not massive in the scale of Smartphones...

• Advertisement

I was going to buy the X but after the massive delays I left it. I got an Imate SP3i and its so much better it really is the best phone I have used. As Dubwireless says knowing Sendo you could be waiting a long time for the release of the X2

U big ruiners - lol!!! :D this is going to be my starter smartphone...also i'm a little bit clumsy and have dropped my work phone down the stairs etc too many times to remember so a little bulkiness is ok!! :D

Ok the phone still isn't in stock so I'm going to get something else!! What would guys recommend for a newbie like me? I have a 7250i and find it too small - the Samsung SGH-D500 has caught me eye - any opinions guys?
    http://www.expansys.ie/product.asp?code=116173

I have a Nokia 7610 and I like it a lot! Its got a good screen, 1 MP camera, and I slamed it on the ground one day while tripping up and it still works fine...

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,54665,00.html

also , I've been reliably informed by someone in the know that its a girl's phone. (unfortunatly I'm not a girl)

J

Advertisement