Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US game stores

Options
  • 20-08-1999 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the main computer game stores are in the states (around the east coast, Chicago/NY/Boston area)...Hobbes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I have absolutly no idea.

Electronic Boutique is normally the best where I am. Or Mirco City. But you'd want to do a net search.

One warning, well two actually. Places like Best Buy (large general superstores) have garbage.

Also a lot of places are good excuses for drug control. Prices vary big time from place to place. A lot of places will lower the price if you can prove it's cheaper elsewhere (or will refund).

Lastly, don't tell them your a tourist or that your leaving in a couple of days or they will rip you off. smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

ripping off poor tourists bad form....we'd never do that to our american vistors....10 in the tank 20 in the pocket...thats the way ba

[This message has been edited by SheroN (edited 20-08-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

all walmarts have computer software now... i got my starseige there for a song

buggy smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

what was the song.

this sort of thing is very important to my fragile little mind you know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think it was Baby baby by B.Spears.

Prices also vary on how quickly they can sell it. So a game can range in price of +/- $10 on how well it sells in it's first week. Tribes was the only one I've seen go from 29-39-29 and then finishing on 34. That D&D game erm.. you know the one that WWMan plays that started at 30 and finished at 50 in just over 2 weeks.

(Baulders gate, that's what it was).

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 23-08-99).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement