Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File Permissions

Options
  • 23-10-2003 11:25am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Windows Fileshare
    I want to share files so that people can read the files but not copy them !

So far the only way I can think of is to setup a separate machine with Word Viewer etc. and have a dummy user who has read access to the folder setup so they can only logon to that workstation...

No. I can't publish all the files as PDF..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Yep there's no way to do this using file permissions. If a program is able to read a file, it has in effect already made a copy of it. If a user can open a word document, they can always choose file->save-as.

Something along the lines of what you suggest is the only way, short of using custom software.

davej

Advertisement