Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless rear speakers

Options
  • 23-10-2003 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Folks,

Due to the unfortunate architecture of my living room, its kinda difficult for me to run cable for the rear speakers in a 5.1 system.

So I'm looking for a wireless solution. Power source for the two rear speakers is no problem as there would be sockets fairly close to both. What I need is wireless signal from the 5.1 decoder to rear speakers. I'd be willing to invest in a new decoder speakers etc, but a generic wireless solution that could work with any 5.1 system would be great.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

Hi
    All the wireless speaker I know of sound crap.
    I understand that you are willing to trade the quality for convinience...

I have no specific recommendations, however, just wanted to point that you'll need full sets of pre-outs on your receiver to connect it to the transmitter.

Google found loads of results...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 lowlands

Just came across this impressive looking set with wireless rear speakers. Sony DAVDS1000

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pioneer also released a kit with wireless rear speakers: DCS 515

The rear speakers are housed in one unit though which may or may not be a good thing depending on your arrangements.

Advertisement