Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIRELESS BROADBAND Kilbeggan/Tyrrellspass/Rochfortbridge/Kinnegad

• 23-10-2003 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

Folks, I'm looking for residential customers in the following area's who would be interested in wireless BB.
    Kilbeggan/Tyrrellspass/Rochfortbridge/Kinnegad. The price structure hasnt been confirmed yet as alot is dependant on numbers but expect a baseline package of 128/128 with a contention of 40:1 , an installation fee of €199 and a recurring monthly fee of €25 + VAT. 512/512 will also be availble from €40 + VAT. these prices are only a guideline and are hugely dependent on takeup numbers, hence my thread here! SO if you are in or are near these area's please reply and help us to make this happen!! With the right level of interest we can give you BB for Xmas!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Get in touch with Garreth Pelly of the Broadband4Kinnegad campaign:

www.broadband4kinnegad.com.

What technology is being used (802.11b, etc)? Is satelite being used for backhaul?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by pablo21
    Folks, With the right level of interest we can give you BB for Xmas!

If this is anythinng to do with the recent 3.5Ghz licencing could you tell us ?

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

SkepticOne, as you can see from this post the internet feed with not be satellite but a dedicated backbone to Dublin which will be connected to a bulk Internet supply. As far as I know, the local distribution will initially be 802.11b, but the backbone links between towns will be 5.8Ghz equipment.

It's possible that 3.5Ghz could be used in the future as I know Last Mile Wireless have applied for those licenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

thanks for answering that one for me!

mmmmm I thought there would be more take up on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Hi Pablo21,

Good to see your post.

Please check your PM inbox.

viking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

pablo any chance of moving into tullamore ? come on its only down the way . i know that kieth ( cant rember his second name ) has already setup this service in tullamore for 1 r 2 business but hes not intrested in new customers from what i can tell .

Elexes, WBN are currently serving some customers in the Tullamore Area. All I can say for the moment is that there might be some developments in the near future and I will most definitely keep you updated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Hi Pablo,

Can you check your Private Message Inbox and get back to me when you can.

Many Thanks,

Gareth

Seen your message and I'll be in touch shortly....

• Advertisement
Advertisement