Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake topic? or not?

Options
  • 23-08-1999 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Ok starting out this message I'm probably not in the most sober of states.
    But I have read a few postings lately which were debating whether a topic should be under the 'quake'board or another.
    The structure of the cloud boards is rather excellent compared to any other Board's out there and all the other subjects that are on it are pretty kewl (+500 registered members!).But when is a posting a quake related topic or not?.
    My feeling is that if I have a question and I want to find out the answer to it,I will post the question on this 'quake' board because it is the the only place where a large amount of semi-'puter-knowledgable ppl hang out who I know!.
    The majority (I think) do not read the other subjects.
    So getting to the bottom of this (drunken) article, I reckon if i post how brilliant Liverpool were in beating Leeds tonight (just baq from pub wink.gif ) that I'm entitiled to say how great kewl etc that they are and wish all other Liverpool/quake players to agree with me etc.
    Now Liverpool winning seems to be far removed from this 'quake' forum but I reckon if ppl on these boards play quake as I do well they should spout just as much Boll1x as I do.
    Is this a quake realted topic forum only or has it progressed to a quake players 'every thing under the Sun' forum?
    I think the latter!
    But please feel free to disagree.
    I am in Drunken euphoria and wish to take this appropriate time to apologise to INC for not turning up for praccy smile.gif.
    Errrr I forgot.
    Hic....Nem..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Oh Overlord if u is out there your mouse is **** so I'm willing to send it baq to u if u post me the appropiate P&P otherwise the mouse gets it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Erm yeah, that IS a quake topic...
    So while we're on the subject,
    Blah Blah, liverpool, blah, Eastenders, blah blah blah...

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

On the other hand, trying to find out how to install a hard drive by sifting through tons of posts on b1tching about peoples websites and if we are all geeks or not is hardly a worthwhile past time. smile.gif

"Knowledge management" biggrin.giftongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Dont quite catch your drift Hobbes?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

um, but hobbes, thats the ech support board and not the quake one.

should we start complaining when ppl start posting about quake on the TS board?

bugger, and i asked someone for a q2 config with the voodoo3 tweaks in it (hint hint someone) didnt i?
    bugger
    sad.gif

who cares really. as long as someone gets the answer they are looking for. specially in the TS board. specially the partition magic 4 question (hint hint someone!)

anyway, ive decided to delete my win98 directory, so i wont be using it ever again.
    it was easier than deleting my quake directory smile.gif
    oops, that was just a snide and cynical swipe at a certain person.
    bye bye

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

So what?

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

ermmmm?

/me shrugs

i dont know

Advertisement