Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alpay sacked by Villa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

What a fecking waste of money!!!!!!!!!

5.6 million down the swanny

:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by irish1
    What a fecking waste of money!!!!!!!!!

5.6 million down the swanny

:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I dont think he was a waste of money... i think because 1) he is turkish 2) the english media treatment of him didnt help the matter...

I would love to see him at celtic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Celtic don't need Alpay, he is not a good player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    I dont think he was a waste of money... i think because 1) he is turkish 2) the english media treatment of him didnt help the matter...

I meant we paid that money for him and now will get didly squat for him, so sorry Johnny but that is a waste of money!!!
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by eireboy
    Celtic don't need Alpay, he is not a good player.

well for a free transfer - it would be better than Varga. And If Alpay is not a good player, how did he get into the world cup dream team??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

As a turkish fan, i can't stand Alpay. he's a slow fuker, who's cost a fair number of goals for Turkey.
    reason Turkey drew with england *hangs head in shame*

he's not good enough for the real teams in Turkey either.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well it was inevitable. The Villa fans were sick of him before he even played the England game. And the England game was the last straw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Oh my god i cannot believe the display of jingoism towards alpay. Just because he plays for turkey englands former group rivals he gets abuse. So he taunted their precious david beckham if that had been any other player like butt or Lampard he would not of recieved half as much abuse.

Despite Alpay being off form this season we suffered a loss to a department which we could least afford.we lack dept in that area .Since loosing staunton and Alpay so far this season we are down to just two able bodied central defenders. Ridgewell looks like a good prospect for the future but he lacks experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    Oh my god i cannot believe the display of jingoism towards alpay. Just because he plays for turkey englands former group rivals he gets abuse. So he taunted their precious david beckham if that had been any other player like butt or Lampard he would not of recieved half as much abuse.

That is the truest thing that i have heard all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

and alpay got €700,000 for the privilage to leave villa, according to the star anyhoo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 brucealmighty

Oh my god i cannot believe the display of jingoism to wards alpay. Just because he plays for turkey England's former group rivals he gets abuse. So he taunted their precious David beckham if that had been any other player like butt or Lampard he would not of recieved half as much abuse.

Very True. Sheer madness, what other business could afford to write of 6.5M for such a ludicrous reason. Villa will regret this decision IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

alpay wouldnt be a bad addition to celtic, o'neill if anyone could change his attitude. but celtic couldnt afford the wages.

looked a decent player in the wrold cup and up until then never really did anything wrong for villa when he was playing. even utd were after him.

since the wc he's fallen apart though. also in controversy and has been playing brutel for villa and turkey. wage demands are too high though. middleboro would suit him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Very True. Sheer madness, what other business could afford to write of 6.5M for such a ludicrous reason. Villa will regret this decision IMO.

Villa are hardly missing out on any money. In the last 2 years he's hardly played 10 games, and when he has played he's beeyen awful. I agree the English press had it in from and he got a raw deal but that doesn't change the fact that he's crap. Since the World Cup has looked a shadow of his former self. I wouldn't pay a tenner for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

I'm a Villa fan.

I think it's disgraceful the way that Alpay has been hounded out by our club. Doug Ellis said
    In light of recent events it would be difficult for Alpay to represent the club.

Is he nuts? For starters, he didn't really do anything. In my opinion it was just handbags with David Beckham. The club should have stood by him. I don't think you'd ever see Arsenal or Man Utd behave in such a dismissive behaviour towards Patrick Vieira or Roy Keane (or, indeed, Beckham himself when he was at the club) in such a situation.

It's clear to me that Ellis doesn't like him and he let his personal opinion of the man to get in the way of proper business. What are we going to do when Ronny Johnsen (who, by the way, is not a better player than Alpay) or Olaf Melberg gets injured. We have nobody as good as Alpay for this situation, from what I have seen this season.

I believe that David O'Leary is quite miffed at this whole situation. Even Alpay hinted at this in his parting shot.

Advertisement