Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB graduate account

Options
  • 23-10-2003 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

I have an AIB student account and also a mastercard. they have renewed it automatically every year however i have graduated this year so am no longer a student.. will they still renew it automatically? or will i have to upgrade to the graduate package?

has anyone upgraded to the graduate package? and if so what are the differences between this and the student one?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm a BOI customer but I'm fairly sure the differences are minimal. The graduate package gives you free banking for a further two years. They'll "upgrade" you eventually themselves. The credit card will renew itself forever unless you give them good reason not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

AIB cold-called me re:upgrading to graduate account. 18 months' free banking, yay! :):D You should call the student advisor in your local branch.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Unless you want something from them that you can't get from the student account, keep quiet. Once they figure out you're a graduate you should get get 2 more years (I thought it was 18 months) free banking.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

I am on the graduate account in AIB and its excellent...

I was on the student package for a while but then I had to fill out forms etc because I started working. I have about 9 months left to go on the graduate account and the no charges thing is great.....

But because I work for the banks I will have free banking until I leave my current job :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

so is there any difference with the credit card on a graduate account? ie do they up the limit from 300? i cud do with a higher limit (but not too much higher! :) )

• Advertisement

As far as I know they only increase your spending power if you are a frequent user of the credit credit card. I.e. they look at your spending trends and increase your limit accordingly.

Higher limits are great, but also very dangerous.....

Personally I would be better off with lower limit to curb spending:p

But it depends on how disciplined you are in paying off the debt incurred on your account. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭gimme

aib automatically give you a 500 euro overdraft aswell when you go graduate.

Ouch......talk about encouraging debt......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Originally posted by gimme
    aib automatically give you a 500 euro overdraft aswell when you go graduate.

No they don't. You have to apply for it.

Advertisement