Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN terminal adapter????..me lookin fer one

Options
  • 19-08-1999 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

lads... anyone know of anyone out there selling thses things. It allows you use the second isdn port for your standard telephone units while online with your pc...any help???

buggy...
    oh btw... my isdn's on order.. watch out HPBZ

pcring@indigo.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

IT Direct on Parliment street do ISDN TA's, cost ya £280 but its a fukin great TA, and yeah it has anologue jacks at the back for usin normal phone lines. Thats the only place I know that does a decent one. PC world sells USR TA's, DO NOT GET A USR TA!!! There crap, they give ya like 150 pings to Irish servers with 80% pl, probably why their only £80.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

http://www.solwise.co.uk/

Asuscom TA's for 42stg, uk players swear by them. i think u can order online too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

I'm just waithing for adsl to come out proper, 1meg downstream / 300k up. I've also heard about compression where you can get up to 3meg d/s and 750 u/s across copper if you are within 300m of an exchange!

Take it boggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

this adapter is not for putting into me pc.. its just to use the second isdn port for normal phones...
    i have an isdn card already in me pc that i got from pcpro for £50.

thanks fer the help lads..

anyone else got info.. drop a line here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

You can also get an ASUS TA, although a good bit more expensive around £200.

The English swear by it, like Nog said, and it gets them 20-40 Pings when they use decent ISPs.

However we all know about irish Phone lines etc so dont hold your breath for those kinda pings smile.gif

Kegs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GlassMan

£200??? The Asuscom isdnlink 128k TA from www.scan.co.uk is £30.55 inc VAT smile.gif

I get pings 30-40 from g'spy, bit more in game but then I'm English..

Advertisement