Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum of Prayer, Would it help people cope ?..

Options
  • 23-10-2003 11:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Praying is a very important part of most Faiths. Whether we pray for someone who is suffering a physical or mental illness to be healed. Or for world peace. Is an act of Faith.

I feel that a *Forum of Prayer* could have an important place on Boards.ie.

If people could post that it is their wish that other members should pray for a particular individual, or for peace in the world, or simply, that they would be grateful if people of any faith, would pray for the poster themselves. It is my belief, that a "Forum of Prayer" is needed.

I am trying to express as simply as I can, the type of forum that I visualise , what it would become if sanctioned, is not in my keeping.

For instance, if someone is trying to stop smoking or drinking, they could post anonymously as a guest, or as a member requesting that those who have faith in the power of prayer, to pray for them at this time.

As this is a suggestion that is dependent upon peoples perception of the power of prayer, then I will post a poll.

Where I hope people will openly and honestly use the right to vote ?..

Paddy20. Special Note: This is a multitude choice poll. Meaning you can vote for more than one answer.

Forum of Prayer, would it help people ?... 47 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    17% 8 votes
    I am not sure.
    61% 29 votes
    It could not do any harm.
    21% 10 votes
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Hmm, I think this would attract a huge amount of trolls.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think we have more then enough scope in the various religion forums to be fair.

cute poll thingie though... not sure what thats all about but its cute all the same...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The thought of this forum existing actually makes me physically ill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I vote for "No, that's a completely terrible idea. F minus.... Must try harder. Tch. ... "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Surely praying is a fairly personal thing. It's not really my thing, but I'm sure if anything truly terrible happens to me I may change my tune. Doubt it though.

There are plenty of 'Holy Roller' type sites for people like yourself Paddy. No offence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I think this is a great idea. I can get you started instantly as well.

As im recently single, its been a few weeks since I have loosed off a few rounds from the porridge gun. I plan on going out this weekend though to interview some potential candidates.

Could you pray for me on this one?

Ta

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Dear Satan,

Please do not let this forum get created,

Yours in sin,

amp (Soul #5234666)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Satan's only claimed just over 5 million souls?...

F minus.... Must try harder. Tch. ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

no, amp is just really really old

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Update: The Prayers had no effect whatsoever. I have an unbelievably sore abcess in my tooth tho. Thanks guys. THANKS A BUNCH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Roller Toaster

I voted for all 4 options.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Roller Toaster
    I voted for all 4 options.
    You're not the only one. I was the third person to vote (I voted "no" btw) - there were already two votes for no and one for yes. And one in each of the other boxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I believe in the separation of state and church and since boards is the benevolent dictatorship I reside in while online I would not like to see prayer happening in this state sponsored facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

This would be an ecumenical matter imo tbh iirc.

Advertisement