Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

case modding

Options
  • 24-10-2003 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

i was wondering if its possible to just cut a hole in a case and out pvc sheet in it rather than spending 50quid on a new side panel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

tiz simple if ya got the right tools,

Dremel
    Perspex/lexan
    other crap...

basically there are two ways of doing it that iv tested, cut the ''window'' side panal to the desired size and glue the lexan to the back- looks fine if you have straight cuts,or get a window kit E17 and you get rubber trim to fit the window into place and it covers up all the uneven edges.making a hole in the window is a piece of pi$$ if you have a hole saw.those window kits are great but they are soo dam hard to install,you really need some1 else to help you with it.

;)
    CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

What i did was i took a picture of my case with the side on and off and overlayed them so when i cut from the top layer (panel on) it showed me the inside, so no cutting required to make your perfect window :) then just take the first layer off and ya can make that into a template and hey presto its exactly where ya need it.

Advertisement