Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Way to set up Surrond Sound

Options
  • 24-10-2003 3:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi,
    I purchased a Sony Home Cinema Center today, STR-DB870 is the product id. Anyway's I have hooked up my DVD player, will hook up VCR and Digibox when I get the cables. Now here's the interesting bit, Im doing this on mix and match as I got a good deal on the cinema center, second hand but never used.

Now My question is, whats the best way to hook up the speakers. I hooked my Stereo up to it and got brillant sound off the DVD's. Would I have to buy a surrond sound kit or could I just buy speakers. There is outlets for Speakers and inputs for a DVD, TV/Sat and 2 VCR's. What do people recomend.
    All coments are welcome.

Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭MartinHSabag

The Sony you've bought is an A/V receiver.
    It includes:
    1. decoder for dts and dd.
    2. dsp to create simulations of surround out of two channels.
    3. radio tuner.
    4. amplification

so all you need is to connect the DVD with a digital cable (coax or optical) and the speakers directly to it.

2 for front
    1 center
    2 rear
    1 active sub-woofer.

no need for nothing else.

You might want to check this link.

Advertisement